Chapter three

YAY schools out here in New Zealand, so let's celebrate with another chapter!

Really need to know, do you prefer short or long chapters?

:) old school smily faces

Last thing, I keep trying to change the tittle, but it keeps changing to Untitled Part 4

-------------------

Another squeaky wheel rolls a tray into view. Charlie lifts up a few long needles filled with fluids.
If I wasn't medically paralysed, I'de be running for the hills.

"Better be the right ones this time." Frost, the chubby woman mutters.

"I only did that once." The other complains. The cloth is pulled back from my body just enough that I can feel a fresh wave of musty air hit the top half of my body. The only item trying to conceal my chest is a golden necklace. It's heart shaped silhouette announces the love and undying protection of my parents. They'll be looking for me right now. I'm sure of it. When frost spy's it, she simply rolls her eyes while Charlie pretends not to notice. Charlie walks over to my neck with an injection. He's about to insert it and I'm about to have a panic attack until Frosts vioce erupts.

"What are you doing!" Her voice screeches while Charlie jumps in fear, the tip of the needle catching a bit of skin.
"You don't do that till after you idiot! Go find a free room!" Placing the needle back on the metal tray, he walks in the direction of the door. The small scratch, exposed to oxygen stings.

"Loosing his brains that one. Want to be an active witch huh! Well learn the bl**dy system!" Frost delicately lifts one of the injections and inspects it.
"Thank goodness, he's got the right potion this time." The words fumble through her lips, only just audible. I don't feel like these are trusted medics. Are they trying new drugs on me? Oh man, I'm so screwed. Where are my parents? Where is the police?

I see the length of the needles, and already, it's very possible I'll faint. Slowly, the rough texture strapping me down to what I'm assuming is a surgeon table, is retired from its duty. I don't understand the straps. They couldn't possibly be a precaution, not when the subject is paralysed.

Her fingers stroke the inside of my elbow. I always thought an injection was to be inserted at the forearm where it can begin to take effect in the muscles. Perhaps I'm incorrect, the woman is still trying to find a spot to inject by pressing her fingers into my elbow, providing me with little warmth, but warmth that I crave. She rests the needle on my arm and places her hand over it, pushing it into my skin uncomfortably. I prepare to have my skin broken by another needle.

The door opens and slams with a good bang.

"Room A7 is occupied but will be open soon - according to Bone."

"Charlie! I was about to insert the needle! You scared me! I could've put it in the wrong place and then where would we be!" Frost tsks her tongue again. "You know what Bones is like, It'll be forever until that rooms open. Go find a larger room that we can slot this one into, she'll have to share."

"Are you nearly finished?"

"Yes Charlie! I just have to inject the potion and activate it." A potion. She's said that a few times now. Doesn't she mean the injection? There's no such thing as potions. No matter what these two think they are, there is no possible way they could be a witch. They aren't real. I'm in some sort of a dream. Any minute now, I'll wake up. I'm sure of it. What other explanation is there for all of this?

"Do you need the book?"

"I know every chant off by heart, now be like a bug and buzz off. Don't come in here again. Find a room, wait out there and I'll get you when I'm ready." The door closes and Frost gets back to what she's doing.

The needle slowly punctures my skin and digs deeper. The needle doesn't hurt, but the liquids released into my arm do.

A searing pain twists like vines through my nerves. If I could scream, I would.

Any second now, any second I'll wake up. But I don't, and the pain gets worse. It travels up my arm, into my chest and then explodes all over my body like fire works.

It attacks my muscles, pounds in my head like a hammer and dyes my lips blue.
The air from my lungs is pushed out. I feel like someone's tying a knot around my throat.

Tears pool in my eyes. I try to hold back, I don't need to be seen any weaker then I feel. Please, wake up! I want to scream. This can't be real. It's all my imagination. Deep down, I know it's impossible to feel this much pain in a nightmare without waking up, but I ignore the logic.

The pools are deep now, ready to be released, and I'm about to give them permission just when the needle is removed, and the fire like pain comes to a sudden halt.

-------