Chapter 7: "Bullied"

Zane moved in almost immediately.

It was fun organizing his stuff before he got all fussy about his pony collection.

"No! Pinky Cake has to go over there with the rest of her figures! Not next to Flarity!! God, don't you watch the show?!"
"I watch it dear, I just don't organize like you do."

I would softly laugh and leave him to his work, only to be called back later because he needs help moving heavy furniture.

So this is love

I thought to myself, picking up laundry off the floor and placing it in the washer.

"The smallest details mean so much."

I mumbled at the floor as I pressed the start button.

Gazing into the window next to me, I exited the room to find Zane flopped on the couch, playing on my Xbox.

"Are you finished fixing the room?"
"Yes, game room is set up. Our room is clean-"
"Our room?"
"We're sharing?"

He sat up, giving me a confused look. My cheeks turned scarlet.

"I mean, yea. Of course."

I almost stuttered, smiling at him like a loon.

"If you're uncomfortable then-"
"No. It's fine. We're a couple, we do coupley things."

I calmed down a bit, relaxing my shoulders and sitting back with him on the couch.

The doorbell rang, breaking the silence between us.

When I opened the door, I found Gene out there with a bouquet of purple flowers, scratching behind his head and leaning against the mailbox.

"Y/n! So glad to see you!"
"Uhm.. Gene? What do you want?"
"Want? Thats a strong word, I don't really want anything."

He said, winking at me. I had half a mind to punch him.

Unfortunately for him I was fairly happy today, so I didn't need to start a fight.

Zane walked outside, facing him directly.

"Why are you here?"
"Oh, I assume you live here. You know?  You're quite lucky. A moody kid like you managed a fine lady like her."
"Shut up Gene."
"I'm not here to talk to you, I'm offering an apology to the pretty one behind you."

He handed me the flowers, of which I awkwardly took.

"Er... thanks. What for?"

I asked, placing them in a vase just by my door so I wouldn't leave the area.

"At the maid cafe, I was incredibly rude to you. My apologies."
"Leave."

Zane was furious, I sensed it in his face. He glared daggers at Gene, who backed away with his hands up.

"Woah! Don't get so defensive. I'm merely saying sorry."
"You're here for something else, now go before I finish what you started years ago."
"What?"
"Don't you dare think I forgot what you did to me, what you did to her!"

He pointed at Gene, threatening him. His yelling could wake up anything on the street.

"Zane, go back inside."

I gripped his shoulder, turning him around so he faced me. His expression softened when he noticed the worry in my eyes.

"I'll handle this. You'll get too angry."

I gave him a half-hearted smile before shoving him back inside the house and turning to Gene, who waited with his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry, but unfortunately you aren't welcome here."
"Wow, some neighbors."
"Neighbors?!"
"Yea. I'm moving in soon. Look forward to seeing me everyday."

He winked again, but I didn't let him get away with it. I kicked his shin, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Remember that? Gene? What did you say back then?"

I said, in a sarcastic tone.

"You're nothing kid. Just a stupid little girl who thinks she can play hero. Watch the villain win, okay? That's the whole thing, right?"
"How do you remember-"
"I remember days that are important to me."

I stepped closer to him, he scrambled off the grass and as far away as he could while still in earshot.

"You may have changed, but he knows how to hold a grudge. I suggest learning how to act around me before he finishes that quote."

I yelled as he stepped back, feeling a bit bad.

But he had bullied both me and him back then, we had a right to be mad.

Gene frowned, pulling himself together and watching me carefully.

"Look, I didn't come here to steal you. I didn't come here to insult you. I came here to say sorry. Do you accept that?"
"What?"
"I know I'm not a good guy, but I've changed somewhat. I promise, if you forgive me here I'll never bother you again under unwanted circumstances."

He spoke calmly to me, gripping his bag that latched around his shoulder.

I was quite surprised actually.

I rethought what I had said, slowly nodding at him.

"I'll forgive you for now. But make one wrong move, and Zane will be the one handling you."
"Fair enough. Thank you for your time."

He smiled, walking away. I slumped over, relaxing a bit before going back inside.

I found Zane ripping up one of the flowers, tears in his eyes.

"Z-Zane?"

I asked, listening to his muttering.

"She loves me..."

He sniffed.

"She loves me not.."
"Zane."

I raised my voice a bit, taking the flower from him and sitting opposite from his place on the ground.

"What's going on?"
"How are you so calm!"

He yelled, pulling a pillow down to the floor and sobbing into it. I attempted to reach for him, but declined that.

"I wasn't. I was furious out there. I kicked him to the pavement for just winking at me."
"I would have done more than that."

He chuckled into the pillow, looking upward towards me.

"Y/n.. it's just- he hurt you. Punched you, bullied you behind your back. How can you just stand there and talk to him like he's a normal human?"
"Because, as cliche as it sounds, people change. And I hope that he has. If he hasn't, I've already warned him that you would end his life and then some."

I smiled at him, moving down to the wood flooring and brushing his hair aside.

That faded blue eye, his cute freckles, the warm blush that engulfs his face each time I touch his cheek.

"Don't ever doubt that I love you."

I spoke softly, the tips of his ears burning bright red.

"Because no one can replace you in my life."

He leaned forward, kissing me with a burning passion. I let him play with my hair, holding him close to me.

His tears stopped falling, he was content.

And so was I.

-----------------

Admin Time!!!

Cheers to writing at 11:00 pm

Fuck this crib

SUN AND MOON THOOOOO

COMMENT WHICH STARTER YOU CHOSE!!!

I chose Popplio, gotta stick with my baby water types.

Oh by the way guys,

Thanks for Reading :)