Chapter 5: Reminiscing

After the death of Malachi things started to settle down. things began to get more peaceful , still recovering from physical and emotional wounds but pulling through Kalyb thought it be best for her to take a break from all the relationship drama and the shit that comes with it Krishna agreed. Soon enough after a little bit of partying and letting loose Krishna was feeling back to her normal self and Kalyb was happy , for the time being....

One late night Kalyb overheard his parents arguing and it didn't sound too well he got up and crept out of his room to hear what was going on he peaked upstairs and realized his father was drunk and his mom doesn't like when he drinks. A few minutes later the arguing died down and his mother began to lay down but his father stood there just standing there in a what seemed like a lifeless figure Kalyb sat and watched and in a split second his dad turned his head and saw Kalyb in a reflection he quietly zipped back in his room and pretended to be sleep. BANG BANG ! Kalyb heard at his door and jumped after almost falling asleep. His drunken father bursted through the door and flipped the light switch on and belted "WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING UP KALYB?" Kalyb looked at him puzzled and began to urge his father to go to bed because he was out of it as Kalyb began to stand up his father struck him so hard he fell back down and blacked out. What seemed like days later Kalyb had awaken confused and in excruciating pain. Kalyb then called his mother & explained to her that he needed to talk to her urgently. He rollerbladed to her office up the street. He opened the office door with a saddened look upon his face. She told him to sit down & tell her what was going on. He then began to tell her that his father abused him drunkenly several times & explained to her that he is not good for the family's health in his condition. She agreed. Kalyb the brought up the topic about restraining orders & divorce..... "I've tried all that baby-doll." She exclaimed. "It will only start more problems" she told him. "I'll figure something out baby , so don't worry." Kalyb drove to his bestfriend's house & asked if he could stay for while.