The Party

Bea Rodriguez

At first, my life was pretty boring. There was no competition in the class. Everyone was absolutely dumb... and I mean DUMB , except me! Of course. No one could even answer 3+7. I was the teacher's pet.

Until, Jake Sullivan decided to come into my life and destroy it. That's when my life started to get more and more interesting. 

Now we're in the sixth grade. He's still the smartest guy in our class, I'm the second. Girls chase him everyday but, I didn't care.

His sister and mine would always hang out in our house or sometimes.. in his.

One day, his sister invited me and my sister to her birthday party at their crib. I didn't want to go because that meant seeing my arch nemesis. But, my sister forced me into it. I wore a pink floral dress with cute flats. My mom braided my hair. 

Their house was pretty far from ours. When we arrived, my sister went directly to her friends, Olivia and Jane. As for me, I had no where to go. I decided to look around their house and then... I saw Jake. I decided to ignore him and walk away but then he called me.

"Bea!!!" 

I decided to walk even faster but he catched up. He held my hand but I shoved it away.

"What?!" I shouted.

"Want to watch a movie this Saturday? I'm going with Carl. You can also ask your best friend to come with us." he said.

I didn't want to go. But since Carl was going too, I decided to go. Since my best friend, Tisha, liked Jake,I accepted the offer. Jake seemed really happy, I didn't know why. Maybe... he likes Tisha? :3

I called Tisha and told her everything. She immediately said yes without hesitating. She said she couldn't wait to go with Jake on her so-called "date". I couldn't wait either.