Friends

Jake Sullivan

One month after I got injured, Bea and I became friends and now, we're really close. We would eat lunch together everyday.

One day, while the teacher was discussing, she leaned towards me and said " Want to go watch a movie after school?"

"Sure. What movie?" I answered.

"Uhm. I don't really know.Why don't we watch--" she said.

The teacher cut her off and shouted "RODRIGUEZ AND SULLIVAN! GO OUTSIDE!"

"Yes ma'am." 

We were forced to balance two books with our two hands.That was our punishment for talking during discussions. We laughed it off though. We continued talking while doing the punishment the teacher gave us.

We arrived at the cinema and Bea offered to pay for the popcorn while I offered to pay for the movie. As I scanned through the movies, I realized that all of the movies were either romance or melodramas. Oh yeah, it was almost Valentine's. I plan on confessing to Bea my true feelings on Valentine's... but how?

Wait. Let's go back to choosing a movie. I picked the movie "Flipped" since I didn't want to choose a melodrama one  because I wouldn't want to show her my soft side.

I paid for the tickets and looked for Bea. I saw her bringing one large box of popcorn and two regular drinks.

We entered the cinema and waited for the movie to start. When the movie started, she paid attention to the movie but I paid attention to her. I found her really cute. I couldn't help but tell her a clue about how I feel. 

"Thank you for coming into my life." I said with a smile.

"Wha-What?" She said, still focusing on the movie.

"Nothing" I denied, trying to focus on the movie.

The movie ended and we went outside. Suddenly my phone rang and "Goodbye Summer", my favorite song, played.

Gieokhae bokdoeseo tteodeulda gachi honnadeon uri dul

Beolseomyeonseodo wae geurido jeulgeowonneunji arasseo

Geunal ihuro (yeah yeah) urin neul (yeah yeah)

Ssangdungi byeoljaricheoreom neon na naneun neoyeosseo

(I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls

I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished

After that day (yeah yeah) we always (yeah yeah)

Stuck together like the Astro twins, you were me and I was you)

"You like that song too?Wait,you like K-Pop?!"she said with glee.

"Yeah. It's my favorite." I said.

"Wow! It's my favorite too!" 

I  shyly whispered to myself "I liked it because of you"

"What?"She asked.

"N-nothing.I said...CLEAN YOUR EARS!" I said jokingly.

"Hmmphh." She pouted.

Waaa! Cuteness overload.

"Hey, it's almost your birthday." I said.

"Yeah.How did you know? You should buy me a gift okay? If you won't ,I will never ever ever talk to you. EVER!" she threatened.

"I get it. I get it." I said.

In fact, I already bought her a gift. Do you remember the day we partnered up and went to Forever 21? She liked those shoes but didn't have the money to buy them. Well, I bought it. Yes,my friend, I bought the pair of shoes that costs 350,000 Php.

 *sigh* The things you do for love. *sigh*