Ellie Noir #2 Part 2

"Ellie, is everything alright?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to see Mark looking at me concerned this time.

"Oh! Yeah, I was just thinking." I replied. I like Mark Palmer, it was weird since I've wanted a smart and ambitious guy as my partner. And Mark...well he was an idiot but in a way that was charming.

I'm going crazy.

Thank goodness it was the last school day till Thanksgiving break so I could think this over. Especially since I was certain that Mark liked me as well.

...

"Bye sweetie! Have fun at Sierra's house!" Mom hugged me before returning to reading her book on the couch unaware that I was actually going to the Protector Convention. I waved before leaving the house and hiding as I said:

"Ellie Noir: Cat form."

I turned back into a cat and ran to Firefly Park where I knew Marky was waiting for me. No way was I going to walk the whole way to the other side of the city to get to the Warp Pad when I could have griffin-boy fly me there.

"Hey darlin'." Marky greeted me as soon as I reached the park entrance. "Let's get going."

I jumped onto Marky's back and gripped his shoulders when he took off at a speed that would send me flying off his back had I not held on tight. I hugged his body and held on even tighter as he skyrocketed into the sky.

He flew us to a crevice in the ground right outside of Eclipse City. Fortunately they could only be accessed by us Protectors because the Elder Protectors put a spell on the area making it visible only to us.

The Elder Protectors are three immortal and special Protectors that have the ability to give Protector powers to turn normal people into the Protectors they are today. All the other Protectors are mortal so the Elder Protectors have new Protectors trained by the old ones before they retire.

There were four Protectors of Eclipse City before us but they did not train us because they were all...killed. So the five of us were trained by Portland's Protectors.

Marky and I landed in front of the giant crevice and I jumped off his back and we walked inside and slid down a dirt slope that brought us to the Warp Pad where LaFonda and Deangelo were waiting.

"Where's Sissy?" I immediately asked.

"How are we supposed to know?" Deangelo sassed. "I'm not our dragon's keeper."

"It's 3:50!" I growled. "Do you know how furious the Elder Protectors will be if we're one second la-"

"Heeeeeey guys! Don't fret I'm here!" Sissy called out as she flew inside the underground area and landed on the Warp Pad with us. "Sorry homies but my parents grounded me so I had to escape out my room window."

"Why would your parents bury you?" LaFonda asked.

"Have you been living under a rock? It means they didn't let me go anywhere cause I drove my Uncle's precious 'car baby' into a lake." Sissy growled.

"You what?" Deangelo asked confused.

"I drove his car into a freakin' lake." Sissy repeated before putting back an excited sharp-toothed grin back on her face. "Now c'mon everybody! Time is of the essence!"

I pulled up a holographic menu from the Warp Pad and selected PC2016 before all of us were teleported to a Warp Pad that was in front of a huge mansion underground that the Elder Protectors live in and can easily move it from place to place.