Chapter 21 Pt.1

Duwayne

"Duwayne, you are all I need to and I want to be with you. Give you all the chances in the world to make this work but," she took my hands and looked in my eyes, “we need a true break from each other."

I look at her confusingly as she just looks into my eyes. A break? I shake my head and snatch my hands away. I rub my face as I look at her. Every time I pour my heart out to this girl, she go and break it. Every time I make the effort to drop these player ways, she handing to me cause she picked them up. I step back and look at her. The beauty that is standing in front of me is breaking my heart. This is the reason that I chose not to have one. I can’t do this no more.

"Okay." I nod as she now looks at me confused. Isn't this what she wanted?!

"What?"

"I said okay. But see this is where I step in. This isn't a break. This shit is permanent. Don't call me, text me, or try to do anything with me. You constantly pulling this bullshit of wanting me to chase after you! I'm not that fucking fairy tale guy you looking for so stop trying to make me be! I have chased and I’m tired damn it. I don't know what your problem is but you are playing the victim in this relationship. That shit at the party is so fucking long ago but YOU find a reason to dawn on the past. YOU find a reason to keep throwing me under the bus. and now ME? I am done with the shit. Thank god I put that down payment on that apartment. In a month I will be gone and you can finally get "away" from me.

"I'm not about to be the villain no moe. You broke my heart when you went out with ole dude that you barely knew. You broke my heart with this break ish. But yet I’m the problem. You need to take a good look at yaself because I’m not the only fucked up person in this relationship." I threw my hands up and released the breath I had been holding. I saw the tears slip and my heart starts to ache until I turn away and clench my jaw.

Heartless, remember?

I turn around and walk back into the house right past the kids. She needed to hear it and it had been weighing heavy on my chest. I walk to my room and close the door, locking it in the process. I don't feel like talking to any kids right now. I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I walk back out to the closet as the shower warms up. I see nothing interesting since I'm just about to chill so I go to my drawers. I pull out the necessities first. Next, I pull out my Nike sweats and basketball shorts with a regular white tee. laying my stuff out on the bed, I then grab my towel off my dresser and head to the bathroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whatchu mean I'm slackin?" I pull the blunt away just as it was about to touch my lips as I hear Marc little comment. I look at him as he shrug his shoulders rolling his third one tonight. It ain't even seven yet.

"Bruh. You barely been around now and you soft my nigga. im just telling you how it is." He sniffs the new joint and a grin spreads on his face as he light it up.

"It must be the weed getting to your mind if you thinking for split second that fucking slacking Marc!' I stood up throwing the weed in the ashtray and walking off toward the door.

"Bruh calm the fuck down!" I hear Marc get off the couch. I feel his hand on my shoulder as he turns me around. "Now like I said. You slacking and you need to face that shit. Ever since that little bitch Brianna died and Ramira den came into ya life, you fucking shit up! Get ya head together! Fuck them and everybody out there besides us. Its you and me baby since the second grade and its always gone be. Them bitches ain't been through what we been through." He put his hand out and I nod as i slap his hand back.

"Me and you till the end bruh. Now lets sell this work."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pt.2 coming