A New Beginning

"Wow", I exclaimed. As I stared up at the giant white house before me. I picked up another box off the ground. The box had a clear strip of duct tape on the top, on the side of the box there were big bold letters that read "KITCHEN" written in sharpie. This reminded me of the kitchen in my old house. I remembered the smooth countertops and the dark wooden cabinets. I remembered the silver sink that was right in front of the wide open window with short light blue curtains. You could see all of my dad's garden. He grew different flowers, fruits, and vegetables. We had one giant maple tree. Every Fall when the crisp green leaves of summer turned into the dark red and golden orange leaves of the Fall, me and my brother Max would go outside and rake up all the leaves and jump in them.

           Then, I started to walk up the broken-up gravel path. I walked up the wide dark wooden stairs onto the covered porch, I continued in through the door and under an archway to the kitchen. I found my mother sitting on a stool she had brought in. She was unpacking some of the kitchen items. As I walked in she greeted me with a smile and said. "Hello dear, what are you up to."

           "Well, I was brining in this box." I replied with a smile.

To Be Continued . . .