Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I've always thought about how lucky the stars are. How they're so far away from everything, and everyone. Yet, they can see everything and everyone. It's unfair how they get to be left alone, and only noticed because of their beauty. They don't have to deal with anything people do. They get to live their lives shimmering in the night skies and no one tells them what to do or what to say. They know who they are, they know their beauty and how much their needed. Because knowing that you're wanted and how beautiful you are is all you need to live a peaceful life.

"Mia? Come on, Mia, you need to go to bed, it's almost two in the morning and you have a meeting with your new foster parents tomorrow. You need some rest." Carla said half asleep.

Being a foster kid for all of my life,I've learned a couple things. And the first would be is to never be late to an appointment to meet parents who are willing to adopt you. But you know what the problem is?

I don't care.

I'm suppose to impress people so they can take me in, and adopt me. Act like they know me, or like they actually care. Because just for everyone's information, they really don't care. I've been taken in so many times since I was five years old, by people who don't really care.

You see, when people decide to take you in, you would think that they would try their best to make you happy since your life has been horrible. But no, instead they yell at you, beat the crap out of you, and occasionally drug you if you're lucky. Which let me tell you, I was one of the "lucky" ones . So no, I don't want to meet with anyone, and no I don't care if I stay in this foster house until I'm eighteen, I mean that's only one year from now. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do, and certainly don't want anyone telling me who I am.

There are good things about being in a foster home; you find people who feel exactly the same way you do. For example, Carla, she's my best friend, sometimes we don't even need to talk because we know exactly what we're both feeling. I just feel bad for the little kids here; they don't know what's coming.

I made my way from the roof, through the window, and into my room. Carla and I share a room; there use to be three of us, Jackie but she got taken in a couple of months ago. She talks to us sometimes but she's so busy with her new life. I hope she's happy as she says she is. I made my way to my bed and got under my blanket. I looked at the clock 2:30 AM is what I read. I didn't realize how tired I was until the dark took over me.

"Mia! Damn it, Mia! I told you to sleep early last night! Mia!" God, why is Carla's voice so freaking annoying. She was shaking me to the point where I almost fell off the bed.

"Oh my god, Carla! I'm up!" I got up from my bed, grabbed my toothbrush and a towel, then made my way to the bathroom. Of course, with almost fifteen people in the house I had to wait in line. They were all in the ages of six to ten years old that we're up so early in the morning. They all had to go to the bathroom, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and wait for the bus. Carla and I have school as well, but our school doesn't start till 10 AM, so we have plenty of time. But of course my time is being wasted today on a stupid meeting.

"Mia, it's your turn." Little ten year old Jack said. Jack was probably one of my favorite kids here. He's quiet and to himself. His story is probably the worst out of all the little kids here. Both of his parents committed suicide when he was a baby. He's a strong kid; brown hair, baby blue eyes. I bent down to be face to face with him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"How are you today, buddy?" I said, giving him a smile.

"I'm good Mia how are you?" He said with a genuine smile on his face. You can see that he just lost some of his teeth.