Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I make my way downstairs and into Liz's office. I hate this office, it lead me into believing that I actually had a shot to finding a family, and an actual mother and father. Every time I'm in this office I end up coming back every time. All because some sick Jackhole thinks they can be a parent by drugging me until I decide to listen to them. I'm not the idiot I once was, I actually know how people are now. There are two types of people. The first type is actually human, second are psychopaths.

"Please take a seat, Mia." Liz said with a blank expression. You see I know when Liz is excited about an appointment, she's usually smiling and making awkward jokes. But right now, she's not even looking at me.

"Please introduce yourselves." Liz said looking into the papers that she has on her desk. The lady with the blond hair and thick brown eyes looked at me and smiled.

"My name is Jenny, and this is my husband, Patrick." The man with the almost black eyes looked at me, he gave me a slight smile and them looked back at Liz.

"Aha, cool, I'm Mia." My tone was confident and not interested. I have a habit of judging people without actually knowing them. But I don't do that because I want to, I do it because it's in my system. I know when people actually don't really want me. For example the last family I was with, when they came to meet me, the man didn't even look at me. For an hour the man looked at the wall and the women looked at Liz while she was talking to me. And when my idiot self agreed to go home with them, I realized that it was a bad idea. The morning I woke up at their house, I found the man in front of me, holding a belt.

You can just imagine the fun I experienced that morning.

"Mia? Mia?" I didn't know I was spacing out until Liz was calling my name.

"Yes?" My voice sounded bored.

"The Dunns want to know your GPA."

"I have a 4.0 GPA." I'm a smart kid, I mean if anything school is what's keeping me going, well besides music of course. But I have to be realistic, I'm not going to become a freaking superstar.

"Mia is a smart kid,she's very bright." Liz looked up at them for a second and then glanced at me. I then turned my head to face the couple and I forced a smile.

"So, are you going to tell me that your going to take good care of me? That you will treat me like one of your own?" I let out a small laugh." Or wait you will love me like one of your own?". The couple then stood up in anger. They looked at me in disgust, then they turned their eyes to Liz. They gave her a "what is this?" Look, and Liz only shrugged her shoulders. They made their way out the door and out of the house.

"Don't let the door hit ya, or the good lord split ya!" I yelled after I heard the door shut. I heard a small laugh coming out of Liz, I was confused but not shocked.

"Your a great judge of character." Liz says getting up from her seat and making her way towards where I was sitting. The office was small, painted a dull beige. There was about five pieces of furniture in the office, four chairs and a desk. Other then that there was just paperwork in boxes scattered around the small area.

"Well I think I know idiots when I see them." I looked up at her.

"I wouldn't say idiots, just not up for this." She looked down at me. Before I could say anything else, their was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I made my way out of the office and to the front door. When I opened the door there was a tall man with light brown skin and dark hair, he had green eyes that seemed like they were smiling. Right next to him was this medium height women with long brown hair, her eyes got my attention, bright blue eyes that seemed exactly like mine. She was thin, and her smile seemed so genuine.