Chapter Eight

Three ex-Beatles wearing black clothes, stand in the middle of the cemetery with shovels, looking at John Lennon's grave. They shake a bit from the cold. This entire place seems abandoned. Wind blows gloomily and their breaths turn to steam.
They are going to make Lennon's body alive. What could possibly go wrong?
"You know, that if somebody sees us, we'll be fucked?" George asks, pretty irritated.
"Only one guy and that's the end..." Ringo adds shakily.
"So let's be fast" Paul says, filled with determination.
"That's the craziest thing I've ever done" Harrison sighs.

The three put the shovels into the ground and starts to dig. They do it for a while without a single word. The only sounds are the ex-Beatles panting and scraping of shovels. Suddenly George throws his tool away with frustration.
"We can't do that! It's winter, it's cold and the ground is hard! And I'm hungry... I give up!"
Paul shots him with deadly gaze. "No. With or without you, I'll do it!" He starts digging with anger and passion. New power comes to him. He works like a three men, almost hearing John's voice cheering him on. No, Macca can't give up now. He went too far. Ringo and George come back to digging too, until finally they find something. The coffin. They all breath heavily over a hole in the ground.

"Alright..." Richard starts. "Are we really going to do this? We can still go back..."
No-one answers him. Paul comes to the coffin and slowly, insecurely opens it.
George turns his head back. "Damn..."

Lennon lays there. Just a Lennon. Cold and stiff. Fortunately, he's not degrading. But still, atmosphere is quite overpowering.
Ex-Beatles realize that they just bring out their dead friend's body.
They quickly bury empty coffin and cover their tracks, still can't believe that it's real. Geo brings an earlier made elixir. Making it wasn't as hard as they expected. Only some complications with finding ingredients, that's all.

Friends begin the ritual. At one point John – no, not John, his body – gets up and sits on the ground. They give him an elixir, everyone's really pale. Terrified of what they are doing right now. Everybody catches their breaths when Lennon's body drinks it. There's a terrible moment of silence and then...

"Hi, guys!" John says, blinking and slowly looking around.
George, Paul and Ringo look at each other shocked. Have they seriously done it?
Lennon notices their looks. "Wow... I didn't believe you'll do it. Oh God, how good to have body again." He smiles. "Being ghost isn't bad but you know..."
"John..." Paul almost whispers.
"Hey Paulie!" The older man stands up to hug his friend.
Paul freezes for a moment.
"Thank you so! I knew!"
"Hey, lovebirds, we're here too" George chuckle.
"Of course, thank you guys. But tell me... How long was he persuading you?"
"Not too long..." Ringo answers.
"But we haven't stood a chance..."
"I see..." John looks back at Paul and all of them laugh.

"Shit, you, guys are crazy!" Lennon exclaims still laughing.
"I said the same" Geo agrees.
After moment of silence John asks. "So, what are we going to do now? We have three hours"
"We can go to George's and have a party"
"Yes, and eat something"
"And eat"
"Great, just... Go on ahead, we'll catch you..."
George and Ringo raise their eyebrows.
"I want to talk with Paul. You know, to thank him and all..."
"Umm... Okay, come on, Rings" Harrison says as they go away.

***

Sorry for a short chapter... Forgive me
I love you all ❤✌