'Elin & Harry' - Request

You had been friends with Harry for years before he auditioned on X-Factor. The two of you had kept in touch until One Direction was formed. You had tried calling him but the conversations only lasted a few minutes and you soon gave up. After not having seen Harry since his success, you were shocked to get home one day to see him in your kitchen with his mum. He was typing something on his phone, and oh my, did he look different. He had gotten tattoos and had swapped the blazers for black t-shirts and skinny jeans. It was a different Harry to the one you knew.

‘Elin! I was starting to wonder when you’d get here! Look! Can you believe that Anne and Harry are here?!’ You looked at your mum who was grinning from ear to ear over the fact her best friend was visiting. Harry’s head snapped up and grinned at you. You turned away and looked at Anne. She hugged you and was shocked at how grown up you were. She always made you smile, it was just something about her. You still hadn’t spoken to Harry, I mean, all this time and he didn’t keep in contact. What viable excuse did he have? He was a celebrity who didn’t need his old friends? That excuse could work if he was an asshole, but he wasn’t.

‘Elin, can I talk to you?’ You looked at Harry.

‘I guess so.’ The two of you walked onto the front porch and sat on the steps. There was an awkward silence between the two of you.

‘I’m just going to come straight out and say, I know you think I left you and didn’t even try and keep in contact with you, but believe me, I did try. You got a new number so I found out. And moved houses might I add, so if you ask me, that makes it a bit hard to keep in touch with someone.’ You had forgotten about all that, you had just thought Harry would immediately have known. Everyone else in town seemed to know you moved. You looked over at him and he truly seemed upset about not have keeping in better touch.

‘I’m sorry, I should have told you Harry, but every time I tried calling you were busy.’

‘I know, and I’m sorry, I should have always made time for you…’ You looked at him and he looked at you a way no other guy had ever looked at you before.

‘How much longer are you home for?’

‘About a month.’ You smiled at him, and he returned the smile.

‘I think we should hang out, for old times’ sake. Catch up, tell me about your life, and in return, I’ll tell you about my thrilling one.’ He laughed at you and the rest of the afternoon was spent doing exactly that, catching up.

The month you spent with Harry went by quickly and you soon found yourself only a few days left with him before he left for Sweden. It was hard knowing he was leaving, the two of you had soon picked up the pieces of your friendship and were closer than ever. You could tell he was having a hard time accepting the fact he had to leave soon.

‘Before I leave, can I take you somewhere?’

‘Of course. Just as long as it doesn’t involve me going down a drain and trying to find a frigging cat. Do you know what it’s like down those things?’

‘Hey! That was one time!’

‘One time too many. But lets go.’ He led you out to his car and opened the door for you like a true gentleman. After driving for a few minutes he stopped at a cinema. You hadn’t seen a movie in cinemas for ages; it was something you only really did with Harry…

‘So Harry, what’re we watching?’ He smirked at you.

‘It’s a surprise!’ You just shook your head at the ground, letting out a laugh. You walked up the steps to the cinema and he told you to wait while he grabbed the tickets. He was taking this surprise seriously. After a few moments, he returned and led you down a corridor into a full cinema. There was a bunch of people you knew there, and also Harry’s bandmates, Zayn, Liam, Louis and Niall. Harry told you to take a seat, whilst he continued walking down the front of the cinema. Liam stood up and motioned for everyone to stop their conversations and look at him.

‘You’re probably all wondering why we gathered you here today, and no I’m not just saying that, Fun fact of the day Elin, all these people are here for you, to… witness? I guess is the right word. Anyways, Harry wants to say something, and trust me, he has put a lot of thought into this, so take him seriously, yeah?’

‘Am I supposed to answer that or was that a rhetorical question?’ A few people laughed at you and Liam smiled.

‘Smartass.’ You winked at him and he took a bow. Harry then walked in front of the cinema with everyone’s eyes on him.

‘Elin! You thought I forgot about you, but the thing is, I never stopped thinking of you. Why do you think I came here a month ago? I could have gone anywhere, but I went to my mums’ house and basically forced her to bring me to see you. I’ve missed you. I’ve had an empty spot in me that no one but you can fill. So, the question of the day is, Elin, will you go out with me? You can’t say no because there are all these people looking. Please, I don’t want to leave you behind again, I did it once and that was the biggest mistake of my life.’ You were almost in tears at how sweet the whole situation was. You stood up and walked down the cinema aisle until you stood facing Harry.

‘Is there really any other answer other than yes?’ He grinned at you and picked you up, swinging you around in a hug. He put you down and the room erupted in applause. It was the sweetest thing he could have done, and you had made him the happiest man in town by saying yes. Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis all ran up to the two of you and enveloped you in a hug. The whole event really was better than words.

-------------

A/N;

No. OkaY. You're a precious little helicopter, fly away!