'Kajol & Zayn' - Request

As the front door clicked shut, you turned your attention away from your book and onto the man entering the house, Zayn. He looked over at you and smiled, before walking over to you.

‘I’m going to ask you something Kajol, and I would really really appreciate it if you agreed.’

‘Geeze Zayn, do I even want to know?’

‘It’s not bad, I think it’ll be great.’

‘Just spit it out babe.’ He leaned in real close to you and pressed a kiss to your lips.

‘Will you come to the Grammy’s with me tomorrow?’ You leaned back in the couch and looked down. Of course you wanted to go, but you knew for a fact that several celebrities who didn’t like you were going to be in attendance, and you jut couldn’t handle being compared to them or having them sneer at you all night.

‘Zayn… I want to.’

‘But?’ Instead of trying to explain it to him, you pulled your phone from your pocket and opened the messages you had been receiving. He grabbed the phone from your hand and scrolled through several of the messages before deleting them all and sliding your phone into his pocket.

‘That’s why I can’t go. They don’t want me there; I don’t even know why you want me there. And the fact that you just deleted the messages doesn’t change the fact that they were sent in the first place. I know what they think of me.’ He looked down sadly.

‘I know it’s not easy for you, and I’m sorry that people are making you feel this way. But believe me when I say that you are the only person I want by my side on the night. Why not stand up to them and go, show to them that they can’t stop you and no matter what they say, they can’t keep you down?’

‘That sounds awfully familiar…’

‘Babe, it’s what you said to me when the hate was getting me down and I was so close to just giving it all up. You stood by my side the entire time and I love you for it. I won’t let people get you down, and just because they’re other celebrities means nothing.’

‘Zayn, even if I were to go, what would I wear?’

‘It’s in two days, so tomorrow; I’ll take you shopping and buy you whichever dress you want.’

‘No matter what I do, it’ll never be good enough.’

‘Kajol, stop. Please, I hate seeing you upset because of idiots. Those people don’t matter, understand? All that matters is you and I, and I’ll be damned if I let them get in the way of you being my date.’

‘Okay. I’ll go.’ You smiled as his face lit up.

‘Promise?’ You leaned your forehead against his.

‘I promise.’

‘Thank you! And don’t worry about other people, if they say anything I’ll just have to have a word with them…’ Laughing, you stood up and he wrapped you in an embrace, holding you close.

The next morning, Zayn woke you up at ten, telling you to hurry up and get ready, and that you had a bug day ahead of you. It was mid-afternoon when you found yourself in a dressing room of a designer boutique, staring at your reflection in the mirror. It wasn’t the first dress you had tried on that day, but it was the first one that you felt was right. It was a turquoise colour, strapless, had a tight bodice, a thin band of fabric wrapped around the waist as a belt, and a loose flowy skirt that stopped just above your knees.

‘Can I see it boo?’ You took a deep breath and pulled the curtain back. Zayn let out a low whistle and came up to you, wrapping his arms around you. ‘You look stunning.’