Chapter 22

Going back home had been something Maite didn't know she needed. Waking up in her bed and smelling her mom's cooking in the morning had been the best way to welcome her home. 

Even though she loved spending time with her family and hanging out with her friends, she couldn't wait to go back on tour. Not only did she want to see Lauren and the rest of the girls again, but she just missed being on stage. She didn't how else to describe the rush she got on stage other than saying it was like a drug. And after two weeks away from it, she desperately needed a refill.

The plane landed, bringing her out of her thoughts. As the flight attendant welcomed them to Miami, Maite grabbed her carry on suitcase and stood in the aisle waiting for the people in front of her to move. 

Back home and at the airport, a few people had recognized her as the" girl touring with Fifth Harmony." She didn't mind being known as that, she was happy that people knew who she was at all. Although she wished they knew her from her single instead, but she wasn't too upset considering she had just started out.

Turning her phone off of airplane mode, Maite walked to the baggage claim area and looked around trying to find her suitcase when she heard a few people gasping and muttering "oh my God" and "holy shit." She assumed that people were recognizing who she was but thought it was a little odd since she wasn't well known. 

Then she felt something press against her back and arms wrap around her middle, making her freeze.

"Hey stranger," the husky, familiar voice whispered in her ear.

Maite turned around in her arms, accidentally dropping her carry-on from being a little caught off guard, "Lolo."

She instantly wrapped her arms around the other girl, melting in her embrace, as she buried her face into her warm neck, taking in the smell of her jasmine perfume. 

"What are you doing here?" Maite asked in shock, not moving from her position.

"What do you think? I came to pick you up, silly," the Cuban teased, squeezing Maite in the process trying to bring her closer to her even though their fronts were as close as they could get.

Maite smiled, remembering how Lauren had questioned her a few days ago on the phone about all her flight information. At the time she just assumed Lauren wanted to know when she would be landing so they could make plans to meet up, but now she knew why.

"I missed you," Maite whispered, closing her eyes in contentment.

"I missed you, too," Lauren replied, releasing Maite from her hug, "grab your suitcase so we can go. I don't have security with me and we need to leave before we get mobbed."

Maite's brown eyes widened and she nodded in understandment with a face of concentration as she went off to search for her bag.

Cutie, Lauren thought. 

A few fans came up to her and asked her for photos which she obliged to right away with a smile. She wondered how she and Maite must have looked just a second ago when they were hugging but then shrugged it off; She didn't care, she was just so damn happy to be with the Argentinian again.

As she finished taking the last photo with a fan, she turned around feeling eyes on her and found  Maite gazing back at her with two suitcases by her side, a bag on her back, and a wide smile adorning her face.

"Ready to go?" Lauren asked, smiling back as she took one of the suitcases from her.

Maite nodded her head in response.

They strolled their way outside and to Lauren's car. Once all of Maite's bags were put in the back, they took their spots in the car: Lauren in the drivers spot and Maite in the passenger seat.