Game Mode

SHIN SOO JUNG

Five days after the audition , I got a phone call from KA Entertainment saying that I passed the audition . They said that I should go back there next month for the casting. I don't know what that means. Maybe they'll let me sing , dance , act and ..... do aegyo? Oh. I don't know. All I know is that I have to come there early and PREPARED. I was in total Game Mode.

After I heard that I got accepted, I immediately told my dad to sign me up for dancing and acting lessons. Singing and aegyo? I'm confident with that . But dancing and acting? No. 

My dad agreed to sign me up for those lessons . If it meant fulfilling my dream.

After a few days, I attended my dancing and acting lessons. Dancing in the morning . Acting in the afternoon . It was hard at first but , I got used to it . 

After I completed my lessons , I was ready for the casting. I wasn't really the best at dancing and acting but at least my skills improved. I learned how to dance "Growl" and "Wolf". I also learned " I Got a Boy" throught YouTube. In my acting, well, I can show my emotions pretty well now.

The casting is tomorrow so I prepared the clothes I was going to wear. I decided to cover for Yoona in I Got a Boy so I bought clothes just like hers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHIN SOO JUNG

This is it! This is really it! The day of the casting .

I took a bath. Ate my breakfast . Put on my clothes and curled my hair.Then , I stormed outside . I checked my watch.

* It was still 6:30 in the morning ? ! *

Oh well. It's better to be early than to be late. When I arrived at the KA Entertainment buliding , I was the second to line up since the first slept outside just to be the first to be casted. Like , how desperate is that?

When about 300 people lined up , they started the casting . 

The first one went inside and after a few minutes she came out completely shocked . Weird. I stepped into the mini - stage and saw that it was a new set of judges. I looked at them one by one. Wait ..... they're celebrity judges. 

The first one was Luna from f(x) . The second one was Sooyoung from SNSD . I was a big fan of both of them. But , where's the other judge. I politely asked them where the other judge was and they told me "he" was in the restroom . They told me to wait for him patiently so I did . It took so long that I was already daydreaming . 

"Excuse me Miss Soo Jung , you can start now." I heard a familiar voice.

I looked at the person calling me and I couldn't believe what I saw. I had to slap myself in order to realize that this . . . . . was not a dream.

I saw Hyun Han sitting in the third judge's seat . So he was the third judge .

I had to do three things , dance , sing and act . If I wanted to be an idol , I had to be at least good in one , two or all of those .

I was supposed to sing "You and I" by IU but I changed my mind at the last minute. I decided to sing "That One Person , You" by Jessica Jung. 

I cleared my throat and sang.

*Sarangiran ireon geongayo

Halsurok deo apeun geongayo

Dagagamyeon galsurok