Chapter 3

*PLEASE PLAY THE SADDEST SONG YOU HAVE EVER HEARD.  THANK YOU.*

"Watari...? where are you?" L asked in a rather commanding tone.  A groan was heard not far from him as he briskly walked to it.  A wave of relief ran through him as he found the man in good condition.  "Aizawa-san? Matsuda-san?" L called to his team.  Matsuda got up, walked to him and spoke.  "A-aizawa... is..." He began, but he couldn't finish because he started sniffing.  "Aizawa is what?" L asked monotonously, the concern missing in his voice. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Aizawa's dead!" Matsuda shrieked.

---

  There Natsu sat on a chair, staring blankly at a wall.  "Hey Natsu," Happy called.  Natsu jerked his head towards his blue exceed and asked.  Happy's eyes got red and puffy, and Natsu was itching to know what the matter was.  "Happy, tell me!" Natsu yelled softly at his cat.  Happy opened it's mouth, about to say something, then shut it.  It opened its mouth again, and this time it spoke. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Lucy..." Happy mumbled.  "What?!" Natsu said arrogantly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

  "Lucy's... s-swa-swallowed by a t-titan..." Happy continued.  Natsu eyes widened.  "Where's Mikasa?!" He asked the blue cat.  The exceed led him to a corner, where Mikasa sat.  "Mikasa! What the hell are you doing?!" Natsu yelled at the girl.  He had it.  His temperature was boiling.  "Eren--" "WHAT ABOUT EREN, HUH? LOOK, MY COMRADE...  YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME! AND JUST LOOK.  LUCY'S BEEN SWALLOWED!"Natsu shouted at her.  "B-but... I... need... to find Eren... I--" "YOU WERE DEFINITELY NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING.  A... COWARD.  AND I THOUGHT YOU COULD PROTECT EVEN YOURSELF." Natsu continued shouting at her, then stomped out and began to search for the titan that swallowed the blonde. 

"Eren... I... swear I'll find you, but right now... RIGHT NOW, I'LL NEED TO FIND LUCY!" Mikasa told herself, slightly tearing up, ran out of the basement and slashed the nape of the neck of all the titans surrounding.  After that, she slashed the stomachs of them quickly, because it would evaporate sooner or later.  She found Lucy's fragile body in one of them, her eyes closed.  She dragged the blonde and checked for signs of a pulse.  "She's definitely alive." Mikasa spoke and brought Lucy to the basement. 

  When she got inside everybody was shaking with fear, fears of not saving Lucy, and being eaten by a titan.  "W-we were scared to do anything..." Mira started.  Everyone nodded, and Mikasa gave a slight smile.  "Don't worry, she's safe now.  And I know you have the courage to fight a titan." She told them.  Natsu smiled at her softly and sincerely, giving the 'I-apologize-for-what-happened-earlier' look and Mikasa forgave him.