Chapter 5

Leaves fell as Annie took a brisk walk, away from Eren, away from Mikasa, away from everyone. 

The leaves soon turned red, and wilted.  She stared at the once beautiful leaves mindlessly.

"What am I supposed to do...?" She sighed.

---

Sasha and the rest had walked, searching in hopes of finding Annie and Eren.  "Reiner..." Krista finally spoke. 

"Hm?"

"What if... What if Annie and Eren a--"

"They're not dead.  They... they're strong. I'm... I'm sure they're alive," Reiner cut Krista off.  Krista merely nodded as they walked, killing titans in the process.

Reiner knew what Krista would say.  She was too predictable.

---

"Near!"Matt shrieked. 

"HOW DO YOU KILL THEM?!" Mello yelled. 

They did everything- cut the titans' heads off, amputate them, stab them in the chest- but it would always regenerate. 

"We're doomed..." Watari whimpered as he was scooped up by a titan, and...

"WATARI!!!" Near shrieked.  L had dropped his blades, fell to his knees and eventually looked down.  "W-watari..."

"this creature is... immortal," He mumbled, giving up.

Watari's head had fallen and bounced past L, past everyone.  It was clear that...

Watari has been eaten.

"minna! RUN!! HIDE!!!" L commanded.

They ran towards a certain large, damp, open, basement, past some titans and past dead bodies.

---

"Oi! Lucy, you're going to be fine alright? Please, live for your friends... for us," Natsu cried.  He held Lucy's hand and shed a tear.  Lucy frowned at him weakly but them smiled.  "Y- yes... of course Natsu, I just need bedrest," She told him hoarsely.  Earlier, Wendy had announced that Lucy couldn't be healed by her healing magic. 

"Look! there're survivors!" Gajeel announced, showing a certain man with a crooked posture, a guy with goggles, a guy with white hair, a certain clumsy detective and a guy holding a gun and cracking a chocolate sadistically, eventually eating it in the process.

"wa-watashi ga Ryuzaki desu..." The guy with crooked posture introduced, staring down on the floor.  He looks traumatized, Mikasa thought.

"H-hey, Ryuzaki..." Mikasa spoke to him.  L looked up.  "May I ask what happened?" She gently asked.

L's eyes widened.  He then shook his head.  "O-okay..." She said and patted his back friendly.

"I am Mikasa." she introduced.  "Mikasa..." L nodded and spoke mindlessly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Guys! WATCH OUT!" Wendy shrieked.  She pointed to a 10 meter class titan straight ahead, running towards the direction of where they were.

"I should--" Mikasa told them but she was cut off.

"No.  I need to try."

And... Guess who's voice that was?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Lucy's.

She hastily ran outside, and summoned Taurus and Virgo.  "Virgo, please trip the titan! Taurus, slice the nape very, very deep!" She commanded her two spirits.

They did the job very well-- they were able to kill the titan.  Lucy's eyes remained widened. 

Then, she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

"Good job." Mikasa told her.  Lucy smiled at her achievement as her spirits had returned to their own world.

"BUT I WEREN'T ABLE TO DEFEAT THE 7 METER CLASS TITAN FROM BEFORE!" a certain pinkette whined.

But then, Lucy had fallen to her knees weakly.  Natsu walked to her and supported her.  "Lucy... I thought you needed bedrest?" Natsu asked her gently.  The stellar mage merely shook her head.  "I wanted to help... to try killing a titan," she frowned as her knees wobbled.  Erza offered a hand, which Lucy accepted, and also supported her.  "Yo, Lu-chan, please don't tire yourself," Levy told her, concerned.  Lucy smiled at the solid script mage reassuringly, and Levy settled down.  "Lucy, I'll accompany you." Lisanna suggested as Lucy reached the bed.  "T-thank you," Lucy thanked Lisanna for the offer, as Lisanna got a chair, pushed it beside Lucy's bed and sat on it, holding her bestfriend's hand.

---

*Now, please.  play.  the saddest song you have ever heard.  Thank you*

"Levi-heichou!" Levi heard Olou call him.  He spun around to see Olou and his scouting legion, only one person was missing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Where's Petra?" Levi mumbled.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"She... uh..." Mike began.

"She... I'm sorry, Levi..." Hanji stammered.

"She's g-gone..." everybody spoke in unison.

Levi fell to his knees.  Petra... no... He thought.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"OI PETRA! YOU CAN'T JUST GO AWAY LIKE THAT!" Levi yelled at the skies, throwing stones up that direction, tears trickling down his already tear-stained face, past his cheek onto his chin.

"L-Levi-heichou... You should really calm down..." Gunther told him, but no.  He didn't calm down.  He just yelled at the skies even more.

"PETRAAAAAAA! HEICHOU WILL BE REALLY ANGRY IF... IF YOU DON'T COME BA--" He was cut off by Hanji.  She punched him in the face. 

"I-I'm sorry, heichou, but I had to.  It's for your own good too," Hanji muttered, tears also streaming down her face.  "I also wish Petra'd come back, but... i-it's impossible..." She added.  The rest nodded, carrying an unconscious Levi on their backs.

---A/N---

Oh man... I feel bad for Levi... T.T *cries* but I have a certain reason why I killed off Petra... *cackles* you'll know it in the next arc! >:)

                               ~Eri-chan desu.  <3