Chapter 17: A day before the contest

Serena's Pov
I didn't expect that with Darkrai's ghost abilities we were done fixing his room in like twenty minutes, I didn't want to place him in a ball since he would practically look weird because who would even bring a scary ghost pokemon with them. I looked outside the window and gazed at the beautiful stars, wow it looked pretty. I stood up from where I was sitting and I searched my huge drawer, Darkrai was helping me.
Me: "Darkrai can you help me search for a sparkly dress?"
Darkrai: "Sure."
We searched the huge wardrobe and yeah there was no sparkly dress.
Me: "It's ok Darkrai, I'll just shop tomorrow."
Darkrai: "Sure."
I was actually tired so I decided to sleep before buying tomorrow.

Ash's Pov
I left after seeing Serena enter her house, she was actually right stars were beautiful. I hope that she would win the contest so I could have a date with her, I was interrupted when I heard my phone vibrating. I checked my phone.
Bryan: "Hey bro this is urgent, there is a new girl in school."
Me: "What?"
Bryan: "She will be introduced tomorrow, but she's finding for a boyfriend."
Me: "Maybe you will be her boyfriend."
Bryan: "No way! Only if she is pretty."
Me: "Anyway I couldn't admit to Serena."
Bryan: "Don't worry maybe it's not yet the right time."
Me: "Well I gotta go see ya tomorrow."
Bryan: "Bye."
I continued walking until I remembered the first time I saw Serena.....

The day before the contest.
Serena's Pov
I felt sleepy but I know that I couldn't be late for school, I wore my usual outfit and headed downstairs until I saw a note on top of the plate. Well it says mom left early so I started to walk to school, it was a long walk until after twenty minutes I reached the school and there was a huge crowd in front of me.
Me: "Um excuse me but what's happening?"
Girl: "There's a new girl in school and I hope she is rich."
Me: "Ok thanks."
I avoided the crowd and didn't really care about this new girl, I got to the side until I saw a pretty girl and all I could say that she was looking at all the boys only...
I interrupted that thought and started to head to class, after a while she came at the same class as me.
Me: "Hello, my name's Serena what's yours?"
Girl: "Hi my name is Lily Rose, and I'm looking for a boyfriend."
Me: "Good luck with that."
Lily: "Thanks."
Class hours took longer that the usual time and as soon as we finished, I walked out of the classroom and started to head to the locker when I heard her voice.
Lily: "Hi there I think your the type of guy I like."
Guy: "Really?"
I couldn't interpret the guy since he had a weird jacket and a hat.
Guy: "Well I already like somebody."
Lily: "I don't care as long as I have you."
Me: "Um Lily sorry to interrupt your chat but shouldn't you be a little calm first."
Lily: "Sure, I'll meet you tomorrow handsome."
I sweatdropped and I knew this was my chance to know the guy she likes.
Me: "Who are you by the way?"
Guy: "I know you Serena, I was there with you and you helped me."
Me: "So you're Ash?"
Ash: "Yeah how could you not notice me, my usual outfit was being washed."
Me: "Um Ash I gotta go, I'm really busy today."
Ash: "Sure...."
I ran as fast as I could and there I knew it that Lily would probably like Ash and he might like her too. I went to the library and texted Dawn.
Me: "Dawn can we talk?"
Dawn: "Sure I have no plans yet."
Me: "It's about the new girl."
Dawn: "So what did you find out."
Me: "Thus girl likes Ash."
Dawn: "That's practically normal."
Me: "She's weird she almost tried to kiss him."
Dawn: "So what do you wanna do?"
Me: "I'm not sure."
Dawn: "Have you heard the contest was postponed and tomorrow we're having a prom."
Me: "I can't go, I have things to do."
Dawn: "Aww that's so sad."
Me: "Anyways I have to go. Bye."
I continued to walk until I heard that some girls were gossiping that Ash was chosen by Lily, I didn't want to have a new enemy so I tried to forget about it and started to walk home.