Chapter 2

All though yesterday was pretty exciting, with Jayson and everything. Today is Bailey's birthday. Peyton and I are going to school early and decorate her locker. We always do that for each other, except for Jayson. Peyton and had a brilliant idea of putting a love note in his locker from his ultimate crush. This was in eighth, and every year now, we have been doing that ever since.

     We love seeing Jayson's reaction. He always tells us who he likes so we just write it from her, but it's really us. And of course, since he reads it, he mkes his move on the girl. I guess you could say that Peyton, Bailey and I are helping him out.

     Anyways, back to Bailey's birthday. I have all of the supplies needed to decorate her locker. Happy Birthday wrapping paper, balloons, and a sign that says Happy Birthday!. Guess what we use the balloons for? That's right, we fill her locker with them, so when she opens it, all the balloons fall out and she has to pick them all up. You just have to be ther, she knows its coming every year, but she just keeps going to her locker. Maybe she thinks that this year is different.

     I had to wake up super early this morning. And waking up early still didn't get me to school early. Peyton was by to pick me up at 7:20, and it was 7:15 right now. I wasn't finished doing my make up and I haven't even aten breakfast yet. I guess I won't eat breakfast today. If i was going to eat, I would make a bagel, but then I would have to bring a piece of gum or even a breath mint. That was too much of a hastle, so I just went without breakfast.

     I was practically running around the house, trying to finish getting ready. I was almost done, just making sure that I had all of the supplies for Bailey's locker. I heard a car pull up, and they honked. It was Peyton. She was yelling at my name, "Cheyenne. Cheyenne! Hurry up up, were going to be late!" She was honking and yelling that line over and over again. Peyton must have gotten here late, otherwise she wouldn't have been yelling at me or even honking.

     As I was locking up the house, I was sure I forgot something. Like you know that feeling when you know that you forgot something, but you don't figure out what you forgot until you actually need it. Yeah, I'm having one of those moments. I was trying to think of what I was forgetting, but nothing came to my mind. So, I just continued on with my day.

     As I got into Peyton's car, she had a weird look on my face, like I forgot to put a shirt on or something, and I made sure, before I left my house, that I had a shirt on. After she gave me that look, she just turned her head and started driving in the direction to the school. "What?" I said. I was so confused. "Oh, nothing." She had a smirk on her face. Peyton really knew how to make me confused so easily. It is like her way of making fun of me. I replied, "No, seriously, tell me. What was that look for?" We sat in silence for a few seconds, and then she played dumb, "What look?" and then she gave another smirk. Again, Peyton knew how to get on my nerves, I think it is another way of making fun of me. And, she did a pretty good job of it too.

     I was'nt even going to try to know why she gave me that look. When she plays dumb, I know not to even try to talk to her about it. We just sat in silence all the way until we got to the school parking lot. As we were trying to find a place to park, Peyton asked, "So, you got all the stuff?" "Yep." I replied. "Good." She had a smile on her face. Peyton always expresses her feelings through faces, like using emoticons when texting. I swear, in every text message, she uses an emoticon, sometimes more than one. She even uses them in instagram and facebook. I mean, just give it a break girl. Jeez. And I just laughed a little in my head.

     We walked into the school, and you would think that there would not be very much people in the halls. Well, that's wrong. The halls were crowded with people. Talking in their groups, leaving barely any room to walk. Only a one way path. I practically lost Peyton in the hall. I was just heading to Bailey's locker, I knew Peyton would meet me there.