𝟎𝟐.⠀ the boy with the notes

( ◄ II ► ) TRACK TWOthe boy with the notes

the boy with the notes

( ◄ II ► ) TRACK TWOthe boy with the notes

( The Vanishing of Will Byers, Part II )

⠀⠀⠀⠀HIS REST IS BRIEF and dreamless—an awareness he even managed to fall asleep comes to him before the end, in the dark. Feeling in his hands and face are the first to return; a tingling in his fingertips, then a heavy pressure behind closed eyes. He's halfway to consciousness when it happens: There comes a deafening bleat of a horn and—WHAM!—the top of Thorn's head connects with the low interior ceiling of his car.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He gives an involuntary shout, feels the consequential pain in his face, and winces hard. In the seconds it takes the fuzziness of sleep to wear off and for his surroundings to trickle back in, laughter erupts from beside him at his open driver's side window.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He presses a hand to his forehead and exclaims, "The hell, man? Not cool!" He turns too quickly to the left, and a different kind of pain erupts behind his eyes as sunlight momentarily blinds him. "Did you just honk my horn? Don't touch my horn!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You might want to rephrase that."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Thorn's vision clears, and at once he is faced with another view as equally bright and persistent as the sun: Jameson Palmer, leaning toward the open window, rests his arms upon the sill and stands there with a grin.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise and shine, Space Boy," muses Jay with his usual smart-ass-ery and jock-ish pep. "You look like shit."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Thorn groans. "Get bent."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Another laugh from Jay, good-natured and teasing. "Yugck... Your car reeks of booze." His nose scrunches up, nausea blooming on his dark skin and face. "Have you been drinking? I know we had a pretty rough scrap with those jackasses who jumped us last night, but, wow."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Not me," is all Thorn can say at first. His voice is still lost to him, and everything hurts from sleeping like a rock in the driver's seat of his too-small Honda.