ENTER: UZUMAKI, NARUTO

"What brings you here, Itachi?" Lord the Third turns to said boy.

"This is Mai, Y/n. Her mother left her near our gates." The child looks to the older man with curiosity. She could feel his power within, how strong it is.

"Mai, you say?" The man ponders for a moment. "Oh yes, the Mai clan. They have been known to only produce males, so seeing a female child with that name is truly something."

"Ita-nii," Y/n whispers cautiously. "Ita-nii, is that the Hokage man you spoke about?"

"Hn."

"Hokage? Can I please stay here?" For a child, she understood. The first place you are taken to is to the one who runs the place. They make the first and final decisions. "You won't make me leave, right?"

"Y/n," the man smiles kindly down to the small child. "Of course you may stay. Stay as long as you wish." Her eyes shine brightly.

"Thank you so much, Hokage!" She runs around both the Uchiha and the desk to hug the older man. "You won't regret it!" After the shock from the loving attack, he chuckles.

"As for now, Itachi, Y/n shall stay with Uzumaki. Send for him please." The Uchiha nods then puffs away in a cloud of smoke.

"Where did Ita-nii go?!" The child gasps is awe. The Hokage chuckles to himself at the sight of her. This child has yet to discover the shinobi. Her chakra even now is outstanding. Something is off about it, though. Seeing as the majority color is cream, that must be her's. But what is the grey mingling with it? A knock at the door brings him out of his thoughts.

"Come in." The doors open quickly, making the girl jump. "Thank Itachi, you may go."

"I didn't do anything this time!" A young boy with bright blonde hair and whiskers runs in.

"Naruto, you're not in trouble," Hokage laughs. "This is Mai, Y/n. She will be living with you from now on." Said girl smiles at the boy. For a moment, poor Naruto gets stunned from the kindness coming from the girl and completely misses the information the older man was giving him. "-Naruto!"

"Sorry, I didn't hear what you said," he mumbles, turning away with embarrassment etched on his face.

"It wasn't important anyways, but Naruto?"

"Hm?"

"She's just like you."