A Text and a New Profile Picture

As I ran across the porch and sprinted across the gravel I could hardly breathe with the anticipation and building excitement. I stopped just short of his car so that he wouldn't notice me. He had his back turned and was attempting and failing to pull stuff out of the car. A pillow rolled out and landed in the grass, he swore under his breath and as he went to turn around I walked up briskly and wrapped my arms around him. There was a sharp intake of breath before he realised and began to laugh.

"I hate you, you know that!" I said all giggly and giddy.

"Well, it's great to see you too, loser!"

He spun around in my arms outing his around my neck and pecking me on the lips. I then helped him carry stuff inside while I prattled animatedly about nothing in particular and he nodded smiling slightly.

Later that day after we had all had lunch everyone tried to make the most of the afternoon. Tom's and my parents were going into town while Sylvie quickly claimed the spa and Tom and I said something along the lines of walking the dog and going down to the beach. I went upstairs to get changed and while I was digging around in my bag for my bathers I heard my phone go off. I checked the screen and released with a rush of both nerves and adrenaline that Eloise had finally responded to the texts I had sent days before. However, her response was not what I was expecting what so ever. It read;

"Isla you're a bitch, stop trying to talk to me."

I was so shocked that I dropped the top I was holding and felt a sudden rush of nausea sweep over me. What could have possibly happened? I text Sophie to see if she has any idea what is going on.

"Hey, Soph do you know what's up with Eloise? I think she's pissed off at me..."

I then threw my phone on my bed and proceeded to get changed hoping to put the message out of my mind. I could see Tom waiting on the veranda and hopped down the stairs a towel slung over my shoulder.

As I walked put onto the porch the warm, salty air hit my alone with his gaze which traveled over my body. He was topless and wearing bright blue swim shorts. you offered your hand out to me and I took it looking up at you. He grinned before whistling to Simba (my dog) and hooking the leash to his collar. As we walked down to the beach and out feet sunk into the hot dry sand I calmed slightly. Remembering the text I had read a few minutes earlier I try to mention it to Tom off-handedly hoping that he wouldn't  notice the anxiety in my voice.

"Hey, I um got a really weird text from Eloise today... I think she's annoyed at me but like whatever I don't care."

He seemed a little distracted and respond with amusement playing on your face.

"Maybe she has a huge crush on me and is really jealous!"

You say this winking and I laugh responding a little more confidently,

"Haha, you wish! Remember she goes for the Deans of this world not dorks like you!"

You grin before responding, flicking your brilliantly blond hair out of your eyes.

"I actually don't wish because I don't need to wish."

"what the hell are you on about?"

By now we have reached the water's edge and are half watching the dog frolicking in the waves.

"I'm saying that I don't need to wish for someone like Eloise because I already have a beautiful girlfriend who is way out of my league and way too nice to me!"

I laugh and pull him into the water with me.

It isn't until the water is brushing just above our waste lines that he pulls me closer, looks at me and whispers,

"I love you."

Before I have a chance to respond or even open my mouth he kisses me.

We stand there for what feels like years wrapped up in each other the cool water lapping at our sides the sun burning down on our messy, windswept hair. By now Simba has found his way back to the shore and is barking incessantly. I look over to see him prancing on the shore around our towels. I kiss Tom quickly before pulling him close and whispering,

"Catch me if you can."

I then take off running towards the sand stupid with hysterical laughter and tripping over the waves determined to pull me down to the sandy world beneath. Reaching the shore I grab my towel and wrap it around me with Tom only seconds behind me he wraps his arms around my waist and throws me over his shoulder. I squeal with delight as the world spins and I beg him to put me back on the ground. We then decide to walk back up to our separate houses so we can shower and change before dinner. The sun was beginning to set and the breeze cooling down the scorching sand. When I reach the porch I notice sitting in one of the beach chairs a smug smile on her face. I look at her questioningly. She says nothing and instead presents her phone to me as a form of explanation. I look more closely at her screen and see a small collection of photos all involving me and Tom. I snatch her phone from her and begin scrolling through them. I hadn't realised that we had been in plain sight of the beach house the whole time however, the result was rather exciting. Each photo was of me and Tom kissing and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the spot where our lips met.

"So do you want to give me my phone back so I can send them to you or should I just upload them all straight to Facebook?"

My head snaps straight back to my sister as she says this and I feel myself going bright red.

"First of all you had better delete each and every one of these photos, second of all you have to send them to me and thirdly stop spying on us!"

"Jeez calm down, I'm not spying but it's pretty hard to not see my sister eating the face off a boy when there is literally no one else around! Now give me my phone."

I roll my eyes and reluctantly hand back her phone rolling my eyes.

Once I'm back in my room I deposit myself onto my bed and scroll through the photos deciding which one to share with the world, as I hear my parents returning home I feel a small flicker of hope in the bottom of my stomach knowing that today had been a good day.