one.

notebook.

 cup of coffee. 

 and a pen.

 those were the only things in front of her. 

once again, insomnia stopped her from sleeping. 

 maybe she could blame it on the fact that she had drank coffee before going to sleep. 

 but she had insomnia problems since she was seven years old. 

 one day she stopped trying to cure it. 

 that also explained the dark and purple, almost a black shade, bags under her eyes. 

 she didn't even bother to take off the mascara off her eyelashes before going to bed.

 she was wearing loose clothes. 

 her appearance didn't really matter.

 who would judge her at three am anyway? 

 she probably looked like a tired mess. 

 she once again would be late to school but she preferred being at this familiar small diner than being asleep.

 her dreams were never what she wanted them to be.

 they weren't even dreams, nightmares were what she lived through every single night. 

 well, when she slept, that is. 

 the same nightmare playing like a broken record. the same, sad, memories. 

 this is why she never slept.maybe her grades were way under the average. maybe her parents were always on her back about that. maybe she did care. maybe she was truly tired. 

 but,

 at least, she wasn't thinking about him. 

 yet, here she was, drinking her third cup of coffee of the night, pen in her hand, writing little poems about her ex lover.

 writing about him was like pouring salt on a wound to her, but she liked the pain.

 her eyes would well up with tears, her lips would wobble a bit, her fingers would shake as she wrote. she felt like her heart would just stop from the pain. 

 coffee would bring back alive some effects of thinking about him.

 maybe that's why she loved the drink so much.

____

i love nina nesbitt so much bye 

also thanks to my baby ed sheeran for inspiring me this.