Chapter #3: A Collar For A Certain Neko

Your feet were really starting to ache at this point. Watching Levi trying to pick out a collar was amusing at first, but now after an hour at the store, your annoyance was starting to show. Either Levi chose to ignore your whines or he just didn't care. You were pretty sure it was the latter.

"Leeeevvviii", you whined for the sixth time. He barely glanced at you before looking back at the violet collar in his hand. Narrowing your eyes, you scooted a little closer, and flicked his hand. He turned to look fully at you, placing a hand on his hip. You watched his ears tilt with his head.

"What, brat?"

Your crossed your arms, refusing to back down. "Pick something. We haven't even gotten home yet and I'm hungry." Levi hummed thoughtfully and approached you, taking your chin between his fingers. He seemed to be staring intently at your (e/c) eyes and then without any warning, he placed a peck on your lips before backing off completely.

"St-stop doing that unexpectedly!", You cried out, your face completely red. You could have sworn you saw a smirk appear on his face as he walked off to look at more collars. Grumbling, you found a chair and plopped down on it. 'How in the world does Armin do it?', you thought. You gasped and sat up quickly. 'Does... does Erwin do that to Armin too?'

"Should I... ask him? No, no. It's probably better to talk about it in person. Oh, wait!", you whipped out your phone, "I forgot to tell him about Levi." Sending a quick text to him, you leaned back in your chair, looking at the ceiling. Huffing, you sank into your seat with each passing minute. Eventually, you were half in the floor and half in the chair.

"I'm going to die in here", you muttered, accepting your fate.

~Meanwhile~

Levi walked around the pet store, searching for the right collar. Everything was too damn bright or dirty to him. He had almost said fuck it and walked out of the store with you in tow, but his thoughts had been disrupted when he saw how brightly your (e/c) eyes shined at him when you were pouting. Levi would certainly be lying if he said you weren't cute, because damn if you weren't the cutest thing he's ever seen. It made it all the more difficult to think straight causing him to walk around the store aimlessly for longer than intended.

He wanted to get out of smelly store as much as you did, but he needed to find a collar. And if you kept looking at him with those damn eyes of yours, you two would be here for years. So, he did the only thing he knew that would cause you to stay away from him for a few minutes. He had kissed you. Oh, Levi knew that it flustered you to no end and he found it unbelievably amusing to watch you stutter and look anywhere but him.

He also knew he was your first kiss and that caused some sort of sense of pride and a scary feeling of possessiveness to overcome him. He judged it to just be his neko urges/instincts. After all, he's always been the overprotective type and you were the first person to be his.Being a pet, he may belong to you, but when you signed the papers, you signed yourself to him as well. Levi shook his head.

"Damn urges", Levi grumbled before going back to the task at hand, glancing through the shelves. He barely knew you and yet here he was, claiming you as his, all because of his neko urges. It annoyed Levi and he voiced his annoyance to no one in particular.

"He could be filthy for all I know. Damn brat probably doesn't even clean his house." Levi shuddered in disgust at the thought. "Tch. That'll definitely change with me around. It doesn't matter that he's cute if he's fucking filthy as well."

"Um, Levi? Who are you talking to?"

The neko nearly jumped out of his skin, but remained grounded, turning to the brat, himself. He opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes quickly took notice of some guys farther in the shop that were eying you in a way that made his ears flatten. You, of course, took notice of this action and tried to ask what was wrong, but your body was suddenly being pulled towards the register.