Surviving the game of love

its common sense that being normal is not cool. well at least that's what I think.

"Hey Katie"

I waved "Hey Dina, what's up?" she sat beside me on the bench. "Not much, guess what?!" she shook my arm "What is it?" she stood up "My dad got us tickets to see One Direction" I paused "Um I don't think I can go." I said quietly not wanting to ruin her happiness. "Don't worry my parents told yours and they approved isn't that awesome?" I laughed "Cool" a group of swans swam by. "Look swans! so beautiful" she rolled her eyes playfully "Katie, you've been saying that every time we see them." I poked out my tongue "Whatever" we sat there watching them. "Let's go get something to eat." I stood up and followed her. "I'm not gonna write you a love song cause you asked for it cause you need one."

I sang with excitement when a group of old people looked at us. I waved "hello" they gave me a toothy smile "What a sweet little girl."

I saw a sad little girl "are you okay?" she shook her little head and tears were running down her eyes

"Katie hurry up"

"Okay you go first"

I turned back to the little girl "what's wrong?" "I lost my mommy." I looked around "Come I'll help you find your mom." she nodded and held onto my hand. we were making our way around the park when I saw her mother asking if they've seen her daughter and many said no. "I think I've found your mother." she smiled and hugged me "Thank you" I hugged her back and we both approached the crying woman. "Miss is this your daughter?" she looked at the little girl and tears of joy fell down her cheeks "Thank-you very much" I smiled "Its alright"

she handed me a twenty dollar bill "No, keep it. You need it more than I do." she nodded "I'm grateful to you for this. May God bless" the little girl hugged me "What's your name?" I simply replied "Its Katie" she waved "Bye Katie " tears swelled in my eyes "Bye bye"

When they left I made my way to Starbucks. Dina saw me "And she's finally here" I bowed "Thank-you everyone" and blew random strangers kisses while they stared.

Dina hid behind her cup and when I arrived she slapped me "Don't ever do that again. you're so weird." I chuckled "Weird is my style young Jedi." she coughed a bit as if I put poison in her coffee. "Jedi? Please tell me you're not gonna rewatch Star wars again" I shook my head "No way, it'll be the 100th time I watch it." she gave me a dark stare. "Seriously Katie, you need to get out more" I ordered a caramel frappe. "Dina, I'd love to but I'm busy."

the doorbell rang signalling a customer. I laid my head onto the counter. "hi stranger" the person sat beside me "Hello" Dina hasn't said a word so I'm guessing its probably her crush Damien Sanders. the girl who took my order gave me mine and took the strange's order with a glint of excitement in her eyes. I sat up straight and drank. I looked at the strange "Wow, are you a Singer?" I asked randomly. He chuckled "Yeah, my name's Niall by the way." he held out his hand. I shook it with a smile "Katie" he had a cute smile. "You're very handsome. sorry for the random compliment." he looked into my eyes "Thank you" I sipped some more.

"I forgot to ask do you happen to know which way to a restaurant named Nandos please sorry" I laughed a little "Its okay sure besides I live right next to it. Make that eight blocks away." his eyes lit up with happiness "Is that your favorite restaurant?" I tapped my chin playfully "Hmm I'm afraid so, well its one of my favorites." "Cool um if its not too much to ask can we go there now?" I chuckled "okay lets go"

Niall and I stood up and grabbed our cups. "Dina you coming?" she just sat there and stared at him. "Dina you're scaring us" I laughed and she snapped out of it. "Yeah s-sure" Oh God please make her stop. Niall chuckled "Hi I'm Niall" they shook hands and when Niall let go she was in a daze "I'm never gonna wash this hand"