Chapter 12: Don't Let Go

Natsu POV🔥

"Lucy!"

"Lucy!"

"Luuuuuuucceeeeee!!!"

Our desperate cries echoed through the dark forest. We've been searching up and down the forest for Lucy for more than a week now and we were running out of supplies.

"We have to go back to the guild," Erza said in a quiet voice. "The rest of them deserve to know what happened, and we're running low on stores."

"No, we need to keep looking." I shot back, my tone dangerous.

"Natsu, we haven't found a trace of her in almost 2 weeks. It's time to let go." Gray almost whispered.

"Let go?" I asked him my gaze hard enough to bludgeon. "Let go?! She's apart of our team! She's our friend! And you just want her to slip away?! Let her be kept in the dark, while you pansies skip around safe at home in the guild!"

"That's not what I meant Natsu, just calm down!" Gray shouted.

I looked at then ground in a sorry-not-sorry-fashion.

"Sorry." I mumbled, wringing my hands and clearing my throat of the sticky film that I forgot was there.

"Hey are you okay?" Happy asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine little buddy," I whispered as I nodded. "Just a little on edge that's all."

There was an awkward moment of silence between them, until Gray spoke again.

"Trust me, I want to find her as much as you do, but if we go to the guild and get reinforcements we'll be better off," Gray said trying to be reasonable. "Besides, we got beat badly by their master and we barley defeated the guild memebrs, so we're going to need more wizards with us in battle."

"Yeah I guess you're right, but-" I never got to finish my sentence because I was interrupted by and angry Erza.

"No buts!" She practically yelled. "This is exactly what happened last time! You felt guilty about what happened to Lucy, and then you went off on your own! Now look where that got us!"

I winced, but I knew she was right. If I hadn't been so stupid like usual, then Lucy might be here with us right now.

"All of that is in the past and there's nothing you can do to change it," Erza said her face softening into a smile fit for a worried mother. "But if we get help we'll have a better chance of finding her."

I nodded, my eyes still fixed to the ground.

"Come on Natsu, let's go."
-
-
-
-
Still Natsu POV🔥

When we walked through the guild doors after a long trip home, everyone had a sort of expectant look on their face. They were waiting... worrying... wondering about Lucy. When they turned their eyes to us I could only shake my head. The whole guild was looking down at the ground in defeat.

"How could you all lose hope so easily!" I shouted at them. "Lucy's still out there, we just need more fighters to win her back!"

Gray nodded in agreement as he said. "We had her for a moment, but we let her slip away. I know that with your help we can get her back!" His quiet voice was raised to a yell by now. "So who's with us?! Who wants to help us save Lucy?!"

There was silence for a moment and I was afraid that none of them would speak up, until I heard a soft voice say. "I do." It was Levy. I smiled at her and mouthed a quiet 'thank you'

Murmurs of agreement ran through the guild like wildfire until we were met with various shouts.

"We're in!"