Chapter 19: Torn

Natsu POV🔥

"What?!"

This was basically everyone's reaction to Carla's premonition. Something about the guild on fire, a stabbing, a flood, and to top it all of a mysterious figure with a cloak.

"Perfect," I thought to myself. "More riddles."

"Well of this attack is happening at the guild then we should stay." Gray said.

"I agree," Erza concurred. "We definitely don't want to rebuild again."

I nodded, but something about this didn't feel right. Not with us staying at the guild, but with Carla's vision.

"Do you think the cloaked figure was Lucy?" I asked them.

There was a silence in the guild hall. Master broke the silence. "Yes that could be the case," He said looking troubled. "And if an attack is going to be carried out on the guild at night, then some of us should stay. Natsu, Erza, Gray, Gajeel, and Juvia. I vote that you all should stay."

"I have no problem with it." Gray shrugged cooley.

"A slumber party?" Juvia mumbled while her blush intensifying. "With my love?"

"You stay safe Gajeel, okay?" Levy whispered to him.

"It'll be alright Pipsqueak, nothing I can't handle."

She narrowed her eyes at him, which looked a little hard for her since she was about three feet shorter than him. He laughed at her frustration and patted her head as he muttered. "Shorty."

By this time it was dark outside and people were starting to file out for the night.

"Be careful you guys!" Mira shouted over her shoulder.

"Don't worry about us! We got this!" I yelled after her as the last of the stragglers finally left the guild behind.

"We'll stay with you guys, won't we Lily?" Happy asked hopefully.

"Yes, if Gajeel will stay so shall I."

"Alright," Erza said authoritatively. "I'll take the first watch while the rest of you get some sleep."

"Sounds good." Gray mumbled as her sat with his legs outstretched in front of him.

"No, I'll take first watch. You get some shut eye Erza." I told her.

"Are you positive?"

"It's not like I would get any sleep in the first place." I mumbled back as I plopped myself on one of the tables.

Everyone either chose their spot on the stone floor, or found a hard wooden bench to lay down for a while. I tried to get as comfortable as I could while I watched them fall asleep.

"Wake me up at midnight for my watch Natsu." Erza murmured as she drifted off.

"Sure thing."

I looked at the clock on the wall across from me.

7:30

I sighed. "This is going to be a long night." I thought to myself.

My eyes slowly scanned the sleepers. Erza looked a lot more comfortable than she should have while she slept on the cold stone floor. Juvia was on one of the wooden benches with Gray on the bench from the table right next to hers. Gajeel was leaning on one of the walls his chin lying on his chest with Pantherlily beside him. And finally my furry friend was sleeping on the same table that I was sitting on.