Confusion (Chat Noir)

One week later, Chat Noir reread Ladybug's message with his eyes stinging and his tail stiff. He still didn't know what to believe. Ladybug couldn't be gone, could she? She'd never give up. That wasn't the Ladybug he knew and loved. It had been a week and she still hasn't made an appearance. The whole city was confused and worried. But no one was as concerned as Chat Noir.

He'd been sick with worry for his partner. What could have driven someone so strong and brave to give up? Was Hawkmoth behind this?

Either way, it was time to tell everyone what he knew. It wasn't much, but it was all they had. But was Chat brave enough? Was Ladybug ready for them to know? Chat paced anxiously. Decisions, decisions. Where could his Lady be? What did she need? Was it time to inform Paris?

Finally, after about ten more minutes of pacing back and forth, the black-clad hero made his decision. He braces himself for a rough day (or even longer) as he leapt out the window and onto the roof. 

* 🐞 • 🐱 • 🐞 • 🐱 • 🐞 • 🐱 •

When Chat finally arrived at the TV station, he tried to blend in but also
to hurry. He just wanted to get this all over with. He was nervous, which was off. He always seemed to be full of confidence as Chat Noir, but today was different. Maybe it was because he didn't have Ladybug with him. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, remember the strength the felt when she was with him.

When will she be at my side again? He thought wistfully before opening his eyes again and exhaling. All the more reason to carry on with this plan.

For you, Ladybug. Chat thought as he made his way to the studio. For you, I will be brave. I will stay and protect them. It won't be the same, but I promise to be the best hero I can be.