Attack

Marinette and Alya turned quickly to the sound of the crash, Alya instinctively turning her phone camera on. A boy from their grade in school was cowering against a fountain. A few knocked over trees lay broken around him, along with a few large mounds of what appeared to be whipped cream. Then, the cause of the mess appeared, cackling evilly.

She appeared to be an akumatized villain, and her costume was somewhat clown-like in appearance. And evil clown villain?

"Didn't like that, huh?" she mocked. Her clown makeup would have looked ridiculous if not for the cruel confidence with which she wore it over her wicked smirk. "Don't like being teased? Pranked? Made fun of? Well?"

The boy shook his head fearfully, whimpering.

"Good!" The clown girl screeched. "It's about time that you got a taste of your own medicine! For years, I've been teased, mocked, made fun of, and pranked. And it was all because of you! You did this to me. And now, I'm going to destroy you! You and all the rest of you fools! Ladybug isn't here anymore to stop me, and I won't be laughed at ever again! This time, I, the Class Clown, will have the last laugh!" She squeezed her blowhorn. The obnoxious sound rattled the park and cracked the fountain, water now gushing everywhere. The poor boy sitting by it was drenched in seconds. The clown-like villain began slowly advancing upon her prey.

Chat. Where's Chat Noir? Marinette wondered as Alya stood quietly filming the scene.

Right on cue, the feline hero pounced, shoving the boy James, Marinette remembered) away from Class Clown, who was knocked over in the process.

"What do you know?" Chat Noir addressed the boy urgently.

James shakily replied, "I-I think that's Delilah. Delilah Wilkerson from my class at school. She's mad because we picked on her." James was close to tears. "It was all meant to be a joke, but I guess she feels differently about it than we do."

Chat stood, pulling James to his feet as well. "Thanks. We'll talk about that later, but for now, do you have any idea where the akuma might be?

James shook his head. "No, sorry."

Chat Noir nodded. "That's okay. Thank you for all the help." He spotted Mari and Alya. "Are you girls alright?"

Alya grinned. "Yup! So-"

"Good." Chat interrupted. "You'd better get to safety." With that, he sprinted to where the villain had been, and began to look around.

Alya switched off her phone. "Mari, you saw that, right?"

"How could I not have?" Marinette mumbled. What could she do?

Alya's eyes lit up. "This is going to be epic. I wonder where-wait. Do you think Ladybug's going to show up?"

Marinette shouldered her backpack. "I don't know." She said sadly. It was true. Even Ladybug herself didn't know what to think.