Chapter 3

Gray turned off the taps, his bath was strangely big so it took a while to fill,  he turned to Natsu. He was still sitting in the bath mat but leaning on the side wacthing the bubbles grow.

Gray knelt next to Natsu.
"The bath is ready, i'll be right outside if you need me" he got up to leave but Natsu grabbed his hand.

Gray looked back at Natsu, who was hiding his face by staring at the floor.

"Natsu?..."

"Stay.... Please, i-i dont want be o-on my own"

Gray blushed as Natsu tugged at his hand pulling him back down. Natsu was blushing aswell, realising he had just asked Gray to stay while he was in the bath.

Natsu removed his jacket and took off his scarf. He winced as he struggled to remove his trousers. The cuts were rubbing causing some to bleed slightly. Natsu stopped as Gray pulled his hands away from the trousers.

Natsu looked up at Gray, tears evident in his eyes.

"Gray... It hurts"

"I know but i will make it better" Gray pulled down Natsu's trousers but left his boxer on. He helped Natsu climb into the bath.

Natsu sat down, but didnt let his arms or chest touch the water.

"Natsu, you are going to have to get them wet, or we cant clean them."

He shook his head and moved to the other side of the bath. Natsu sat, with his back against the wall his arms close to his chest as he subconciously fiddled with his hair.

Gray sighed. "Well, ill just have to get in and make you" Gray stripped of his shirt and trousers and got in the bath. He made his way over to Natsu, who shrunk back against the back of the bath.

"Come on Natsu, it will be okay"

He shook his head again and quickly tried to move away from Gray. But Gray was quicker and trapped Natsu against the wall with his arms.

Natsu looked up at Gray, tears now falling down his cheeks.

"We need to clean your arms..."

Natsu shook his head. "It will hurt"

Gray took Natsus hands in his and looked into Natsu's eyes. "Everything will be okay"

Gray leaned in and gently kissed Natsu. Natsu immediately kissed back and Gray slowly lowered Natsus arms into the bath water. Natsu winced and pulled away, he looked down and saw his arms in the water.

"Are you okay Natsu?" Gray asked, concerned as Natsu looked very pale.

Natsu swayed slightly and fell backwards into the water. Gray grabbed Natsu's arm and pulled him towards him. He rested Natsu's back against his chest, to keep him above the water. Natsu opened his eyes but didnt move away from Gray. Gray rested his head ontop of Natsus, and with one hand across Natsu's chest to keep him in place, he carefully cleaned his arms.

Natsu flinched every so often as Gray cleaned the deeper cuts.

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~

Gray pulled down one of his jumpers over Natsus head. He had taken Natsu to his house as Natsus was destroyed. Natsu was now curently wearing one of Gray's jumper and trousers, but both were way too big for him. The trouser legs trailed behind him and the jumper engulfed his hands, while it hung off his shoulders.

Lucy had arrived with Happy not too long after Gray brought Natsu in. They sat on the couch as they waited for Gray and Natsu to change.

They came down the stairs, Natsu holding the sleeve of Gray's jacket, biting on the tip of his thumb. It was a secret habit Natsu had, that only happened when he was really scared or anxious. Which until now was never in public.

Gray was surprised at this habit but didnt question it, but Lucy on the other hand demanded to know. Even after he knew what Gray had said wasnt true, somewhere in the back of his mind was telling him it was.

Natsu flinched and stepped away from Lucy but didnt let go of Gray. Lucy looked at Gray confused but told them that Makarov needed to speak to them.

The four of them left Gray's house, Lucy walked behind the two boys with Happy as they discussed Natsus behaviour.

"Its strange, i have never seen him like this, ive never seen him bite his thumb either" Lucy whispered to Happy.

"He only does it when he is really scared or anxious, its usually when we are at home. But he has never told me why he does it, or the reason behind it when he does... I walk in and Natsu would randomly be biting his thumb" Happy replied.

"You think there is something else going on?"

The looked ahead at Natsu, who still hadnt let go of Gray. Gray didnt seem to mind as he held Natsus hand now and kept him close.

They arrived the guild, Natsu tooka shakey breathe and the four of them opened the doors and walked inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys 😊

It seems like ages since i last posted on this story...

Sorry for the delay, but here is another chapter

Enjoy xxx