Chapter 5: Charlie's Weirder Than Usual...

I wondered what was going on with Charlie. I walked to Drew and Charlie's dorm and knocked on the door. Drew opened the door and smiled.

     "Hey beautiful. What are you doing here?" he said with a sweet smile.

     "Is Charlie here?" I asked. He laughed.

     "Why are you laughing?" I asked and he just smiled.

     "Part of me hoped you would say you came just to see me but no, Charlie went out today. Is Hayley at your place?" he asked as he opened the door all the way so I could come inside. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

     ''Nope, she left earlier,'' I said. He nodded and sat on the couch. I had only been in his dorm a few times.  Most of the time, I didn't come inside. We talked at the door. I looked around and noticed things I didn't notice before. There were pictures on the wall above Charlie's bed. One struck my interest. It was of Charlie and a pretty girl with long curly red hair. They looked happy together and Charlie had his arms wrapped around her. She was blushing and I smiled at the picture.

     "Hey Drew, who is the girl in this picture?"

     "I don't know. I asked Charlie about her once and all he said was that she was a friend of his.''

     "Well, they look like really close friends," I observed as Drew walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He nodded. We looked at the picture for a while before we both sat in the floor. I truly don't know why we didn't just sit on the bed. But, either way, we both had a seat on the floor.

     "Hey Reagan, can I ask you something?" Drew asked me as he turned his head to face me. I nodded.

     "Yeah, you can ask me anything," I said. He looked very serious.

     "What would you do," he said, moving closer to me, "if I just got really close to you and... TICKLED YOU?" He said as he started tickling me. I expected him to kiss me or something a bit more serious and romantic than tickling. I laughed and squirmed around. Drew chuckled and held me close to him so I couldn't move around. I laughed and yelled for him to stop, but he didn't. I bit his hand gently. He let go of me.

     "Did you just bite my hand?" he asked and I nodded. We both started laughing.

We were both sitting on the floor when we heard a knock at the door. Neither of us moved. Whoever it was knocked again. Boys and girls weren't supposed to be in the other's dorm. I got up and stood.

     "Go stand by the closet and if it's someone who can't know your in here, hide in the closet,'' Drew told me. I followed his instructions and he went to open the door. I saw that it was just Charlie. I laid down on Drew's bed and Charlie came and laid beside me. I smiled at him and he returned the friendly smile.

     "Hey there cupcake!" Charlie said to me and we both laughed.

     ''Cupcake? Is that my nickname now?" I asked. He nodded and chuckled. Drew came and laid between us and I guessed that he was a bit jealous. I giggled.

     "Excuse me, but I was laying beside my friend Charlie," I said to Drew with a playful pout. He laughed and poked my nose.

     "Well, now I'm laying beside my friend Charlie."

     "No, he like's me more."

     "No, he has known me longer."

     "That doesn't mean he likes you more."

     "Yes it does"

      "But I'm better looking than you."

     "Ok, you got me there Reagan," he said with a smile. Charlie laughed and looked between us.