Daughter?

"Lily get up. It's time for school." I said to my daughter who was in highschool.

It was early in the morning, I had turned on the light and shaken her many times.

"Mom I don't feel like it." She said

"Why not?" I asked "Honey, I know it's hard but you still have school, future and friends."

"Mom, please.... it's one day. Not five, please just let me stay home."

"Fine sweetheart, today only." I compromised.

I turned off her light, shut the door and walked back to my bathroom. I put my hair in a french twist and straightened my pantsuit. I was exhausted and I was in no way prepared for my presentation. I packed my lunch when I got downstairs. I grabbed my briefcase and lunch and went out to my car. I pulled out and started my 20 min journey to work.

When I arrived to work I sat in my office chair. The chair was heavenly to my bottom and back. I smiled and logged onto the computer. Putting this together would be a challenge. I fiddled with my pen and clicked on articles online.

After a while I put my presentation on the best geographical regions to sell a new product. It was time, I walked to my presentation room and set it all up.

"Hello, today I have a presentation on the best places to sell our new product line. Please pay good attention. I will have a questionnaire for you to complete afterwards. I will now begin, if you have questions please raise your hand. Thank you." I spoke

I handed out the questionnaires and pens. I smiled and shook the hands off each coworker in the room. After all of that, I went to the front and grabbed my laser.

"As you can see in this picture the best area to sell this product is the Northeastern region of America. The profits would be impeccable to our company. There are atleast 85% more shops in this area. Also this region is more pop-" I happened to be interrupted by my assistant, Grace.

"Go. Answer. Your. Phone. Emergency." She huffed out of breath.

"Excuse me." I ran out of the door to my office. I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Mrs. (Crushes last name), I found Lily, she isn't breathing I called the po-police." I hear Jacalyn her best friend crying on the other end.

"Mrs. (C/L/N)??" She asks. I had dropped the phone by now.

"Grace cancel everything for the next month. My baby is gone." I whisper. I fall to the floor crying.

"I'll call your husband." She responds.

"Ple-pleasee" I cry

I rock back and forth waiting for my husband. After 30 minutes of viscous crying he walks into my office and holds me.

I cry so much harder and the people who walk by my office stare at me like I'm crazy. I've lost it.

"Baby, we need to go." He helps me down the building to the car. I cry the whole way to my house.

I let myself out and run to the house, police tell me I can't go in. I scream that it's my baby and my house and they move. Then I find her in her room on the floor not breathing. I hold her lifeless body in my arms and cry into her soft brown hair. I left her home. It was my fault. It. was. My. Fault.

---------------------
Indiscreetly_ashamed