Untitled Part 18

When people are biased, it gets on my wick.

I have noticed this in quite a lot of things. Contests on here, critiques and people saying they like things to get something out of it (Votes/ comment)

So sometimes, I take a look at some of these contest books and the problem normally comes about when the contest host is the only judge.  If there is one person judging then it's going to be their opinion only and they will judge the contest on what their individual preferences are, not how good the story is.  We are all guilty of it, even me. If there was a choice between one direction and Justin Bieber, I would go for 1d.

With the critiques, it's slightly different.  There could be the shittiest story in the world, but because the person doing the critique is the writers best friend, they will give it 10/10. 

And then you get those people who make up their qualifications. For example:

Hi i'm idiot and I think i can critique your book because I have a masters degree in English and I am generally awesome.

This could be true in some cases, but then you look at their profile and works and discover they can't even string a sentence together.

I find that really annoying

Vote/comment if you agree/disagree