after midnight

//A.N//
BUDDY HOLLY IS MY DAD

-

awaken by his bed slightly shaking, tyler opens his eyes, greeted by the darkness of night. something grabs his arm and he opens his mouth,greeted by a warm hand muffling his screams.

"calm down ty, its josh."
he removes his hand while tyler reaches for his bedside lamp. Flickering it on, he sees the boy of his dreams looking at him with sad coffee eyes.
"josh tell me why youre in my bed at four in the morning?"
the boy runs a hand through his blue hair, slumping down a bit.

"i wanted to make sure you were actually alright. i could tell thats not what actually happened."

tyler starts to feel tears sliding down his face, as josh took in his features.
sunken eyes, pale face, chewed lips, and a frown that could make a puppy cry.
"im fine." tyler chokes out, turning his head to the side and bringing his knees to his chest. josh puts his hand on tylers shoulder.

"ty tell me what happened."

"i cant..." the small boy drops his face in his hands, crying silent tears and unheard pleas for death.

"look ty, i know we just met today, and i know its a little weird that i climbed through your window in the middle or the night...but, i was worried about you. and we're friends now right? you can trust me."
tyler looks up, dark brown eyes lined with red from crying. seeing him like this made josh want to cry.

"you don't want to know me," the teen clears his throat, "no one does."

"okay, have it your way. but im not leaving until you tell me."
sighing loudly, tyler slumps against the wall, head tilted up towards the ceiling.

"it started when i was five. he'd come home every night, drunk. usually he just yelled but then it started getting physical. one night he beat my mom, then pushed her down the stairs. she suffered from a broken neck and was put in the hospital... but died a few days later..."
Pausing, tyler clears his throat and wipes his eyes, avoiding eye contact with josh.

"after mom died, my brothers moved out. leaving me alone. then the voices started...started screaming....now i've been losing friends and gaining scars."

by the time tyler finishes his story, tears are clouding josh's vision, spilling over, tears fall down his cheeks like raindrops. lunging forward, josh pulls the smaller boy into a tight embrace, never wanting to let him go.
he'd never met someone so sad...so desperate for help... so beautiful...
tyler wraps his arms around josh, never had he encountered someone who actually cared about his well being as much as this blue haired boy did. not only this but something about josh made tyler want to tell him everything that he's ever gone through, even if they've only know each other for about twelve hours.

"tyler, i want to help. im going to try to the best of my ability to make you smile and to make you happy. and most importantly, ill be your best friend. everyone needs a best friend, and you don't seem to have any good ones."

"thank you josh, thats all i need. thats all i've ever wanted."
giving a weak smile, he wipes his nose on his sleeve and josh pulls back to wipe the tears off the brunette's cheeks.

"i never want to see you cry again. you don't deserve this."

tyler nods, not in the mood to deny it, to say that he did deserve it.

"josh...can you stay for a little? at least until i fall asleep?"

"yes tyler. anything for you."

-

//A.N//
so honestly i hope this fic is okay s/o to jorDAn foR FORCING ME TO UPLOAD LIKE TWICE IN ONE DAY SNASKSLSKSKOALA but anyways i ate like five krabby patties okay its like 1 am goodnight lovelies
|-/