Chapter two

"We need to talk

"We need to talk." X-ray says.

The Mad King tilts his head slightly in a questioningly way. "What do you want to talk about? Is everything okay?" He asks and tilts his head back to normal as X-ray starts to speak again.

"I have been thinking. Thanks to another villain." X-ray begins and looks away. "And my hearts been sinking. But..." He pauses as if he doesn't want to say whatever he is going to say making the Mad King visibly worried that something bad happened. "And I don't think we can go on." He says as he seems to regain his voice and his eyes become watery.

The Mad King looks shocked with a little horror at this. "What are you saying?" He questions. "You have to be playing some game." He adds as if hopeful. "What could have changed? What did I do wrong?"

"Please you do not share the blame." X-ray says a few tears falling down his cheeks as he looks pleadingly to the other.

"Tell me that you're wrong. That we can still be the same." The Mad Kings own eyes start to look watery. He takes a step closer reaching out towards X-ray but stops when X-ray turns so his back is facing him.

X-ray turned away to try to hide the tears streaming down his face. "It's already killing me." He admits in a hurt tone.

"What was it that villain declared?" The Mad King questions.

"We're opposing sides." X-ray almost sobs out bringing his arms up to cross them over his chest rubbing his upper arms with his hands.

The Mad King doesn't even notice a few tears escaping from his eyes. "That doesn't have to matter. There still might be a way."

"But it is the way... The way the world works." X-ray responds almost softly.

"Even still." The Mad King continues. "You must know that-"

"Heavy is the burden I bear." X-ray says as if to put his own finish on what the Mad King was going to say. "It is the cost."

"Any burden I'll take and destroy." The Mad King tries.

"Please Mad King you have to let me go!" X-ray says and at about the same time that he says 'you have to let me go' the Mad King adds his own words.

"I'll never let you go."

X-ray glances over his shoulder to look to the Mad King obviously not wanting things to be this way either. He shuts his watery eyes tightly and he turns away letting his arms fall to his sides before dashing away.

The Mad King wipes one of his own teary eyes with the back of his hand then goes to give chase... But X-ray manages to give him the slip. He looks around a little but can't find the other. He stands there and clenches his hands into fists before dashing off to somewhere.

Vav stands from their hiding spot behind a bush. "He knew that it was for the greater good." He says. "X-ray will be fine!"

"Well hopefully. Because it would indeed probably not be a good idea for them to continue. Especially with who the Mad King is." Hilda says almost as if it was meant only for herself.

The three head to the apartment complex wondering if X-ray will have retreated to there. They arrive and look around the apartment for the green hero.

"X-ray?" Vav calls hoping for an answer but his call is met with silence. "Maybe he's not here." He says to himself. "We can wait until he returns." He says as he turns to the other three.

"Are you sure we shouldn't go look for him?" Ash asks.

"Our best bet to find him right now would probably be to stay here and wait." Vav tells her. "I mean we only got lucky when we went searching for him the first time. Right? Though really I think he'd want some time alone right now."

"It is possible." Hilda responds.

"Well then hopefully he will arrive soon." Rusty says.

So they decide to wait for their friend.

Rusty is kind of hanging out by Hilda.

Hilda is tinkering with some kind of gadget.

Ash is hanging by the window to see if she can see X-ray come towards the building.

Vav is relaxing on the couch for now.

It takes a little bit but the door opens and X-ray walks in as the others turn to him.

"X-ray!" Vav springs to his feet dashing over to the other. "There you are!" He pulls X-ray further inside causing X-ray to accidentally slam the door shut.

"What Vav?" X-ray questions without any enthusiasm in his tone.

"Oh I'm just glad to see you here." Vav says. "After all what you did was the right thing to do."

X-ray looks away with half open eyes. "Look. I'm tired. Maybe I should just go get some sleep." He heads to his own room shutting the door behind himself.

"That could have gone better." Hilda almost sighs.

"He'll be okay." Vav says enthusiastically. "He's a strong guy."

"I hope you're right." Ash says worried for her friend.

.............................

X-ray throws himself onto his bed burying his face into his pillow. He had cried so much but his body just wants to cry more. He didn't want to do what he did but he thought that it might have been for the best.... For the both of them....

After all...

A hero and villain can't be together... Right...?

.... Even if his heart has shattered....

"Why does it have to be this way!?!" X-ray raises his head off of the pillow and he let's out a few dry sobs and he shuts his eyes tightly. "It's just not fair! Why does life have to be soo unfair! It feels like life is just out to get me at this point." He bites his bottom lip trying to regain a hold of himself. He lays the side of his head against the pillow releasing his bottom lip. He closes his eyes hoping that maybe some rest will do some good. He wonders if anything is ever going to be the same again. He eventually passes out from exhaustion and dreams of what he used to have making the broken pieces of his heart feel like they are shattering even more.