Chapter three

It's been almost a week

Vav knocks on X-rays door.

X-ray hasn't been himself. He's been hiding away or just kind of moping about. He has hardly ever spoken to any of his friends and when he did it was like some light within him is gone... Like he has become an empty shell. He hasn't even so much as wanted to help Vav with any villains that came about.

"X-ray?" Vav questions pausing to wait for an answer. He doesn't get one so he opens the door peering into the room.

X-ray is lying on his side on his bed with his back to the wall. He is staring straight ahead almost blankly.

Vav frowns in worry and moves more into the room.

"What do you want?" X-ray questions dryly.

"I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to come with me to go find some villain to fight." Vav says moving over to the bed. "It might cheer you up." He smiles trying to seem optimistic.

"You go ahead." X-ray responds plainly.

Vav frowns his shoulders slumping. "X-ray." He sits down next to X-ray who only rolls so he is now facing the wall. "Come on. It'll all be ok."

"Go away Vav." X-ray tells him.

"X-ray-"

"GO AWAY!"

Vav flinches as X-ray almost shouts at him. "Please. We are here for you." He gets up and leaves slow enough for the other to call him back.

X-ray closes his eyes softly and he doesn't even look to watch Vav leave.

X-rays P.O.V.

I can still remember how it all happened like it was yesterday...

Flashback:

Me and Vav have just finished fighting a minor villain.

I am taking a walk to relax and enjoy some quiet time. I turn into an alley and I jump when I hear someone speak behind me.

"It's been awhile."

I spin around to face the man standing behind me. "Mad King." I gasp.

"Long time no see X-ray." The Mad King greets me with a smile.

"Yeah. What are you planning this time?" I question. "Are you ready for another defeat?"

"I am not here for evil." The Mad King responds his smile falling into a serious look.

"Yeah right." I snort.

"I am here for you."

I blink in surprise and I stare at him. "What?"

"X-ray." The Mad King gives me a smile. "You catch my interest."

I look at him not sure what to even say at this point.