Prologue

I live in one of the most boring places you could imagine- a retirement home. As you could imagine, I started living here with my Gramps ever since my parents disappeared- over 12 years ago, when I was four. And cut the sympathy, I don't need it. My name? Alfred Owen, and I live in downtown Florida, but not for long, I expect.

I wake up to a bright Monday morning, ready to face my Grandma with courage and grit

"Al! Come down here young man!"

"Yes, Grandma... (ugh- school!)"

"You are getting out of this house, and I mean now!"

(Cue kicking butt sound and door closing)

Okay, that failed. But on the brighter side, it wasn't as bad as yesterday. So... School. Honestly, I just don't see the point in wasting good money in learning (cramming) useless topics, like the parts of a human's eye, or how to do cartwheels. But my grandparents just don't seem to get that, and thus, I have to endure a long, sucky walk from the middle of nowhere to school in ten minutes. Welcome to my life.  

Fortunately or not, the quickest way to high school is through a cemetery, which apart from having a bunch of dead people, is over-run by drug addicts and smokers (Don't smoke children! Smoking Kills! Now that we have gotten that out of the way, l...

Fortunately or not, the quickest way to high school is through a cemetery, which apart from having a bunch of dead people, is over-run by drug addicts and smokers (Don't smoke children! Smoking Kills! Now that we have gotten that out of the way, let's continue)- basically a very creepy place which couldn't have said "Enter at your own risk" in a better way. But I am running late, so gotta risk it (Something I know I will regret later).  

As soon as I enter the graveyard, I notice something is wrong. It's empty (except for you know- the dead), and my peripheral vision is giving me a hint that I am being followed- and I am taking it. I turn around and I see them- Masked men in tuxes (Why is it always tuxes? Didn't stick around for an answer though). I run as fast as my legs would carry me- which is not much, considering I'm asthmatic (Thanks, mom.).  I suddenly start feeling blue. I can see spots, and my vision is getting blurry.

"Not a flashback, not now!"

I can see the ground under me slipping, my chaser's nearing in... and then, the World goes dark. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! This is the prologue to the book "It all started with a flashback", and thanks for reading it! Tell me what to think of it- and I hope you guys enjoyed it!

I'd love for you to vote, give me feedback, and maybe even share! Thanks for reading!

- TeenGrapher