Generation 3 Trainers

Alright! Meet the sophomores! 

This may only be their second year at St.Arceus but don't underestimate their power!

Ruby - Ruby has a great passion for Pokemon Contests. While he's an excellent battler, he only fights when necessary or when no one takes notice. He believes that Pokémon battles are barbaric, and get his Pokémon dirty — something that he does not like.

Ruby is skilled at sewing and knitting. He makes clothes for all his Pokemon to wear, and even made the clothes he wears for many of his adventures. He is nearsighted, and he has a pair of glasses to correct this, though he was originally too vain when it came to wearing them often. His other hobby is photography. He has a photo album of all of his Pokémon's biggest moments - such as evolutions or Pokemon Contest victories.

Ruby can be quite shallow at times, putting too much emphasis on outward appearances. After going through character development, he managed to learn that appearances aren't the only thing that makes one beautiful. For his skills, he is given the title of "Charmer."

President of the Photography Club, part of the dance team.

Trainer Class: Coordinator

Sapphire - Sapphire is a Pokémon Trainer and the daughter of Professor Birch. She often assists her father with his fieldwork and years of doing so have given her various skills such as heightened physical strength and senses. Due to constantly being surrounded by nature, she has come to dislike the idea of beautifying Pokémon instead of leaving them in their natural state. After some character development, she has learned to appreciate the idea of beauty.

For her skills, she is given the title of "Conqueror."

Captain of the wrestling team.

Trainer Class: Trainer

Emerald - Emerald is a Pokémon Trainer of unknown origins. Due to the loss of his parents at a young age, he was moved between his family members and was constantly bullied by his cousins due to his short height and tendency to rely on the help of Pokémon to get objects from high places. These events led to Emerald developing a complex about his height and a dislike of Pokémon. To get over his height issues, he used hair gel to style his hair upwards and wore various gadgets and clothing to make himself look taller than he actually is, which he eventually stops wearing.

The constant moving from family member to family member led to Emerald developing the ability to determine a Pokémon's birthplace. If a Pokémon goes on a rampage, Emerald can calm it by surrounding the Pokémon with a "seal" of soil from its birthplace. The Pokémon is then calmed by a sense of nostalgia. For his skills, he is given the title of "Calmer."

Emerald claims to not like Pokémon themselves, but he likes Pokemon Battles. To the amazement of a reporter, he is an expert at battling. As he does not train his own Pokémon, he borrows the Pokémon he uses from Crystal.

Part of the Robotics Club.

Trainer Class: Trainer

Wally - Wally is a young boy that is stricken with an unknown illness (possibly acute bronchitis, or asthma, based on his symptoms). As the series goes on, Wally slowly becomes healthier and his lungs become stronger, though he still needs to use his respirator suit.

Wally is a caring boy who always puts others before himself and puts trust in his Pokémon. At first, he was frail and weak but after going on his adventure Wally becomes much stronger, more confident in his abilities, and a more powerful Trainer.

Part of the Gardening Club.

Trainer Class: Trainer

**Lisia - She is a Pokemon Coordinator from Sootopolis City and the niece of Wallace. For her achievements in Pokemon Contest Spectaculars, she became an idol in Hoenn, filming commercials and scouting Trainers to participate in contests. She transfers over from Elite Academy to St.Arceus sometime within the story.

Part of the Photography Club, gymnastics, dance team, and cheerleading team.

Trainer Class: Coordinator, Contest Idol

Lanette - is a computer technician and the younger sister of Bridgette.

Technology teacher, alongside Bill and Celio.

Bridgette - is the older sister of Lanette.

Head of the Computer Labs.