The Announcment

Tyler's POV

We just got to the venue of our last show for this tour, in Columbus, Ohio.

(Y/n) and I are making the big announcment for our wedding tonight. 

I'm kind of nervous about how people are going to react, especially since we now know that there are some seriously brutal people out there, but I have trust and faith in this communtity, and I won't let that be ripped to shreds. I'm at home in Ohio, where the people know me best. 

Plus, who cares if people don't approve? I love (Y/n), to the ends of the Earth, and I'm not going to let a few mean comments stop that.

The venue, thankfully had already been set up. We're a little late, so I had to call a crew to to it all. Which is okay, my guys need a break. 

We only have an hour until the show. Josh and I had to get ready on the way here in order for our schedule to remain the same. (Y/n) was going to be formal, and wear a dress, but I told her she didn't have to. Plus, people might've gotten suspicious. We want the announcement to be a surprise.

So she's wearing my hoodie and a pair of skinny jeans instead.

(Y/n)'s POV, 10 minutes 'til the show

Nervous and excited. I think Tyler's the same, though he seems more excited than nervous. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not really all that nervous. either. I'm beyond happy. 

We're all backstage, chatting about how this whole thing is going to go down.

"So, we're going to perform our whole show first, then, for the encore, we'll make the announcment, and then play another song," Tyler decided. We had though about doing the announcement first, or somewhere in the middle of the show, but both Tyler and I like this idea better.

Josh and Mila were holding hands in the couch across from us, whispering to each other.

"Hey! No secrets!" Tyler shouted, laughing. The couple jumped and giggled. I smiled at the cuteness. They're so perfect for each other. 

Tyler's POV, the announcement

We just finished our last song, Trees. All the nervousness has washed away, and I'm ready for this.

"Guys, I have something very, very important to tell you," I said. The room got quiet. 

"(Y/n), love, could you come on stage?"

People cheered as she walked out on stage, waving to everyone, smiling.

When she got to the center stage with me, I hugged her, keeping my arm around her when the hug ended. She rested her head on my shoulder, still smiling.

"(Y/n) and I.."

"We're getting married!" We both said into the microphone. Screaming and cheering was all that could be heard from the audience. Mila ran up to us with Josh, and they started throwing rose petals at us, not planned. (Y/n) and I laughed. I started to tear up, pulling her in for a kiss. After a few seconds, she tried to pull away, but I wouldn't let her. I wanted to cherrish this moment with her. I felt her smile into the kiss.

I pulled away and smiled at her, then to the crowd.

"Now I would like to dedicate this very last song, to my future wife."

I took her hand and pulled her over to the piano, letting her sit on top of it. I grabbed my ukulele and started strumming to "Can't Help Falling in Love with You."

After the show, still Tyler's POV

(Y/n), Josh, Mila and I were finishing packing up everything from the bus in our suitcases so we could finally get out of there.

It's been a great tour. A life changing one, at that. I'm going to miss it.

But, as Josh always says, there will be others. I do believe, however, that this will be the most memorable. 

We finished packing, and (Y/n) snuck behind me, giving me a bear hug. I laughed, zipping my bag up. Turning around, I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you. too."

And with that, we made our way home.