He Knows

I sat on the steps of the gym after an excruciating day. Not only am I exhausted from training my trainer has been checking out Gunner! Suddenly the door burst open and Gunner stomped out fuming.
     "Wait Gunner I'm sorry!" My trainer yelled running out behind him. I stood up as she grabbed his arm.
     "No stop it. I am engaged to an amazing woman and you can't change that!" Gunner was full out yelling at her. He pushed away and turned noticing me. He walked over and stood behind me.
     "What is going on?" I asked staring at her. She gulped and turned back on her heels running inside. I turned to him with an eyebrow raised.
     "She kept touching my arms and shoulders. Asking me if I wanted to have a little fun while you were out here," he groaned. I could see the hurt in his eyes as he looked down at me. I sighed and hugged him. "I would never go for her."
     "I know love. Let's go back to the apartment. Also what did you talk to my dad about?" I asked as we started walking the four blocks back.
      "He had to know the engagement wasn't exactly official. So I guess I said it was more of a promise ring," he explained as we walked swinging our arms. I smiled and looked around the base is pretty at dusk. We walked for about fifteen minutes and made it to our block.
     "I'm sorry she tried to come on to you. I told her off this morning and I left because she kept staring at you," I said in a soft voice. He stopped and lifting my chin up. He kissed my nose and smiled at me.
     "Not your fault but we should ask your dad to switch your trainer. She's upsetting you as well and I don't like that," he stated with stern tone. I nodded and laid my head against his chest.
      "Gunner...... If you don't want to be here you can leave," I whispered as a slight breeze started up. I shivered slightly as he pulled away grabbing my shoulders.
      "Don't ever think I'm here out of pitty or anything like that. I had my chance to leave and I could've said no to your boss. That moment I saw you and looked into those beautiful eyes I knew I had to stay. Lanie you are the only one I want to be with. We have something you don't find often. Please believe me when I say that ring means more than a fake engagement," he whispered the last part. His eyes were wild yet so beautiful. He had pure love in his eyes. I hugged him putting my arms around his stomach.
     "Thank you Gunner I need to hear that after today. You've made me so happy in the last day in a half then I have been in awhile," I whispered into his stomach. He hugged me tightly back and let go.
      "Come on let's go home. We both are tired and upset," he said grabbing my hand and leading me to our apartment building. We headed up the stairs to out room and bumped into my dad. He smiled and pulled me into a hug as he spoke.
      "Hey you two. How was training?" He asked and Gunner gave me a look. I sighed and looked up at my dad.
      "It was fine but I was wondering if I could change trainers." I said leaning against the wall. My dad looked shocked at my question.
      "Why? Jo is our best instructor," he stated with pride. I glared at him as I saw Gunner tense up. 'He really needs a massage. Such a tense man.'
        "Yeah she's a great instructor but if she looks at my husband or comes on to him one more time. I will beat her ass!" I snapped at him. Gunner looked at me with a strange look. My dad went from pride and concern to straight up pissed off.
      "I'm sorry that's the third time she's done that. You can meet my best trainer tomorrow his name is Joey," he sighed as I nodded. He left at that going down the stairs. I walked to our door and waited as Gunner unlocked the door.
     "Your husband?" He questioned with a grin as he opened the door. I walked in and laughed falling onto the bed. I kicked off my shoes and rolled around the bed.
       "Good to know my wife is part slug," he said sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat up and smiled at him. I opened my arms and pulled him into a hug. He leaned a little too hard and knocked me over.
     "Gunner!" I giggled as he sprawled himself over me. I couldn't move because he's more than twice my size. Wrapping my arms around his shoulders I relaxed my body. 
     "Good night Lanie," Gunner whispered as he turned us on our sides.  I hugged him to my chest and sleep hit me like rock.