Step Four

I found this description in one of my old school books from a couple of years ago, I was quite proud of it so I thought I would share it. However, this isn't the original, obviously as it was a piece of school work it was marked, so I have applied some of the corrections where I see fit. I hope you all like it and as usual feel free to comment and give constructive criticism, it's very much appreciated!! Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The house was once the pride and joy of the town, but now it's just another crumbling structure, forgotten like a distant memory

The house was once the pride and joy of the town, but now it's just another crumbling structure, forgotten like a distant memory. The decrepit, frail oak still stands solemnly in the garden. Alone. The twisted, tangled branches create pictures of mysterious and unknown places, the leaves dropping off one by one.

The pillars, which many years ago had beautiful, intricate patterns had crumbled over time and the porch they stood on was barely being held up. if someone were to step on it they would fall straight through into the cobwebs and horrors below. Monstrous cockroaches scuttled across the ripped floorboards to the mangled corpse of a squirrel, which had become a breeding ground for millions of maggots. Insects devoured the poor creature like they had never eaten and the stench of the body drifted through the air.

Beautiful flowers used to stand in rows like little soldiers, but now, in their place, stood thorny, prickly weeds so entangled that they looked like one huge ghastly mess. The garden is a wasteland, the staff had obviously given up all hope years ago, leaving it to be taken over by the wild.

It's horrifying to see my home like this, people walk past and don't even glance at the place, like there is some sort of curse that could seep into their bones. I wish, every second of every day that I could restore my home back to it's splendour, to what it was before the accident. That's what it was. An accident. Just an accident. But I can't do anything, I can't touch anyone, I can't speak to them. I have been trapped here for so long, the memory of the accident a plague, haunting me. I want it all to end, I want peace..... but it's impossible. Ghosts can't die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I know I said I edited it slightly, but I also just added in the last paragraph for effect. I thought it was lacking something, a bit boring so I just created a character. Ghosts and tragic accidents make everything more interesting!!