Chapter 42: Another Restless Night

IM SORRY.
Sorry for updating so late- I've been writing chapters for my new book so that there's lots of updates on that for y'all:-)
----
"Em!"

"What" I called back from the kitchen

"Im home"

"Kay"

Jace walked in with his eyes on me "Holy shi-" His glance went back to his mom sitting on a stool in the kitchen
"-crap. Hi mom"

"Hi hunny" she smiled and got up to give her son a hug.

He kissed her cheek "thanks for watching Maisy tonight"

"You're welcome"

He walked over to me to wrap his arms around me. "You look nice", giving me a quick kiss he walked over into the living room where Maisy was laying down.

"...Thanks"

I had done my hair, my makeup was done, which I hadn't done in a while. But I still remained in a T shirt and jeans.

Mrs. Norman walked over following Jace.

Picking up Maisy, Jace kissed her cheek. "Bye baby girl"

Mrs.Norman took her from him along with her stuff.

"I'll pick her up tomorrow morning" I spoke

She just smiled "You two have fun"

As soon as the front door shut Jace turned to look at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"I'm gonna go get changed" I sighed and headed down the hallway towards our room.

"Me too" he followed. I could sense the smirk on his face.

I shut the bedroom door behind me and placed my body weight on it.

He laughed as he tried to push it open from the other side "Haven't you learned your lesson from last time I got through a door you were trying to hold closed?"

I grinned. To think that at that time I wasn't even dating him.

"I'm much stronger now" I talked through the door

"Wanna test that"

"Jace- leave me alone I need to get dressed"

"So do I Em"

I sighed and opened the door. He smiled.

I turned around and walked into the closet.

Feeling Jace behind me I groaned "I have nothing to wear"

"How about..." he grabbed the black and white stripped dress "this"

"It doesn't fit"

"Too big?"

I nodded. Fixing my eyes on a light silk black dress, I grabbed it off the hanger and brought it by the bed while Jace went to the other side of the closet to look at his clothes.

Pulling off my jeans I slipped my dress over my waist, then took off my T shirt to put the rest on.

Holding the dress up with my hand I bent down to pick up my clothes and put them in the hamper.

I walked back into the closet "Will you zip me?"

"Yeah"

I turned my back to him and pulling my straightened hair to the side.

Slowly, he zipped it up. Putting his hands on my waist he turned me back around to look at him. I felt the heat from his bare chest as he quickly wrapped his arms around me into a hug, keeping his grip.