Chapter 46: Squirm

IM ON A MISSION TO FINISH THIS BOOK SO I CAN PUBLISH MY NEW BOOK 'Bad news' I GOTTA FEELIG YALL ARE GONNA LIKE IT A LOT BETTER THAN THIS ONE. IM GONNA AIM TO FINISH THIS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN IN FIVE DAYS (it's my birthday in 4 days ayyye) ANYWAY ENJOY
---------
"Wait-" I rested my head on my hands and sighed. "So you getting hit by that car, in Paris that was?-"

He nodded "I'm not sure how they managed it but, they aimed to make my life hell and believe me they did"

I sat across from him in Codys living room. I looked at Jace in disbelief, Cody hadn't said a word, but the look on his face told that he was just as confused as I was.

"How do you know it was them?"

"I've gotten death threats in my PO box for the past three years, it was stuck in there instead of mailed, so no address, but same handwriting, same person."

"Death threats?"

He nodded "letters, detailed about knowing where we live, threatening to kill you and I, now Maisy."

"So, why don't they look at the security tapes and find out who it is?"

"It's Maeve's friend"

"The one from dinner?"

He nodded.

"Why?"

"I don't know Emily"

"Why don't the cops arrest her then?"

"They don't know who it is yet"

"But you said-"

"I know that it was her, I saw her leaving the post office when I had one of those letters. But they're running tests, looking at cameras, they'll get her soon."

"Jace" I sighed and rubbed my eyes "This is mafia shit what the hell is happening"

"Just, come with me to my moms, we'll stay there until things clear up."

"I'll go over tomorrow. But I'm sleeping here for the rest of the night. I'm tired."

He sighed "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning okay?"

I nodded as I stood up and followed Jace to the door.

"Please be careful"

"I will" He opened the door

I grabbed his arm to turn him towards me and looked at him gently

"Promise?"

"I promise" He kissed my forehead "Goodnight Em"

"Night"

He shut the door behind him. I stood watching the door for a second. This all sounded too unrealistic to be true, I was in love with an actor not some kind of gang leader.

I quickly pulled the door back open.

"Jace!" I called down the hallway

He turned around a few feet down the hall. He bit his lip and turned around raising his eyebrows.

"I love you"

He smiled slightly

"I love you too baby"

I relaxed a little and shut the door.

Turning to Cody he raised his eyebrows "Well shit"

Shaking my head I put my hands up to it "My life is a movie I swear"

"Pretty fucked up movie"

"Tell me about it" I breathed out "Makes sense though, nobody gets hit by a car twice"

He nodded. "Get some rest Emily. I'm sure Jace'll be here early"

"You're right" I sighed. "You sure you don't want your bed back? I can sleep the rest of the night on the couch. I don't mind"

"No you go back to my room I'm good. Goodnight"

"Night"

I walked back down the hallway and snuggled back in the bed. It was gonna be a quick few hours before Jace got here and I needed the sleep

******
*A few days later*

We've been staying at his parents house. I didn't mind, brought back some of the memories from a few years ago, but it wasn't home. I was ready to go home. But Jace hadn't been working, which I was okay with. It gave us some time together. Time that we needed.

"Jace"

"What"

"Where's my shirt?"

"I don't know"

I sighed and laid down on the bed. Jace stood in the bathroom, his boxers slightly showed from the top of his khakis, shirtless he wiped down the steamed mirrors from his shower with a white towel.

"Well I hope you lost yours too" I looked over at him from the bed.

He eyeballed me and raised an eyebrow. "You like what you see baby girl?"

"Now don't get too cocky Norman" I rolled my eyes "But yes"

"Well" he shut off the lights in the bathroom and walked towards the bed. "It's a good thing we have time huh"

I felt his warm damp body over mine. His wet hair was pushed perfectly back, and damn did he look good.

He pressed his lips on mine gently. Barely touching, so quickly pulling away. Making me crave more.

"Fucking tease" I mumbled through my breath

He smirked and kissed my nose, leading to each of my cheeks. He managed to kiss everything on my face but my lips. He hovered over them but left them untouched.

"Jace" I groaned "Why are you doing this"

He leaned down close to my ear and mumbled. "I enjoy watching you squirm"

"You honestly-"

I stopped when my hunger was solved. He harshly pressed his lips on mine, using his hands to trail down my body

"God you're beautiful" he mumbled, pulling away from me and traveling his mouth down my neck.

"Jace" I groaned.

He didn't answer as he started kissing down my stomach

"Jace"

He sighed and moved back up to my face, pushing a piece of my hair away from my face "What babe"

"Does your mom have Maisy?"

"Mmhm" He began kissing my jawline again

"We shouldn't do this. Not with your parents here"

"You didn't think that a year ago when I got you pregnant"

"Jace Norman" I shook my head and smiled as I rested my hands on the sides of his face.

"Do I not have a point?"

I cocked my eyebrow at him "When are we going home?"

"Soon baby, I haven't heard much yet but, I promise it'll be this week okay?"

"Okay"

"Now let me finish what we started"

I brought my head up to kiss him, but didn't let it go much further than that.

"Not today"

"Why?" He looked at me confused as I got out from under him, standing up. I smirked.

"Because, I like to watch to squirm."