Chapter 1

This is my first book guys, so don't expect too much.

(Tom POV)

Ever since Tord betrayed us, I have not felt the same. Yea he was a jerk but he didn't deserve to be impaled. I looked up at the ceiling unable to find sleep. I glanced at my alarm clock, 3:47 am. I wont ever see him again, his face, his hair, his laugh, his smile...gone. Tears started to roll down my face and they left stains on my pillow. My eyes closed shut to stop the burning sensation my tears caused. I gave up trying to sleep, and tried to convince myself I was not tired, despite the fact I had not slept in weeks.  Hesitantly, I got up out of bed and walked to the kitchen.  It is still hard to get used to not living with Edd and Matt anymore. The salty tears felt sticky as they dried on my face.  I walked to the cabinet and looked inside to see if there was any Smirnoff left.  It was empty.  I slammed the door shut in anger and returned to my room. Getting ready to go to the store, I threw on some sweat pants and my blue hoodie. On my way out I grabbed my shoes and keys, and left.

~Time Skip~

I locked the car and stepped out into the winter air. The cold glow of the store lights illuminated the parking lot. I pushed open the door and was greeted by the sound of a small bell. The walls were lined with bottles of booze. I walked to the back of the shop and picked out a bottle of Smirnoff. There was another man in the shop with me, when I looked at him, my stomach twisted. That's strange. I felt like I knew him, but I did not recognize him. I paid and left the store, got into my beat-up blue car, and drove back to my apartment.

~Time Skip Again~

The next morning some one lightly knocked on my door. I dragged myself off the couch to answer it. I open the door to two smiling faces.

"Good morning" Edd greeted me cheerily.

"Come on in" I said, still trying to wake up.

I felt comfortable letting them in even though my living space is atrocious. Edd and Matt picked their way across the room to the couch. The floor was littered with empty bottles.

"Sorry this place is a wreck," I tried to smile, running my hand through my hair.

"Oh no worries." Matt said scrolling through the channels.

Edd got up and walked to the kitchen holding a package of bacon. He rummaged through the cabinets till he found a pan and started cooking. I was able to retreat back to my room to put on some decent clothes. I threw on my grey tee shirt and black jeans.

"Breakfast is ready" Edd finally called.

I walked out of my room and took a seat at the table. I just stared at the food on the plate. Edd and Matt stuffed their faces. Edd gave me a concerned look.

"Arn't you going to eat?"

"Nah."

"Tom you haven't eaten in weeks, I'm worried about you."

"Don't be." I pushed the plate over to Matt. "I'll let Matt have the rest."

I left the table and wandered back to my room. I flopped down on my bed and thought of him, how could I miss someone who tried to kill me? I started thinking about where he would have ended up if he had survived the explosion, in addition to the harpoon. Oh, it would be my fault if I had killed him. I'm a murderer. I started to cry silently to myself. Slowly I felt myself sink into the bedding and fall asleep.

*Tom's Dream*

"Tord I'm sorry!!"

Tord had his back to me.

"Tord!! I...I...want you to come ba-"

He turned around and grabbed me by the throat. I struggled to breathe, gasping for air. Tears streamed down my cheeks. His expression was cold and blank. He scowled and threw me to the wall. I slid down the wall feeling defeated. I can't hit him, I thought. He walked over to me and put his foot on my chest. He pushed down hard-

I woke up screaming.

That dream felt like it lasted hours, when it was really just a few minutes. It was already dark out.  I slowly open my door to check if Edd or Matt had heard me.  Both had left my apartment. Phew. I walked out and collapsed on my couch. I glanced at the bottle of Smirnoff on the coffee table and reached for it. I took a long drink. The alcohol burned when it touched by throat. My muscles relaxed a bit. I let out a sigh. What happened next I didn't fully expect.