Chapter 14

I didn't tell Tom much, I only told him that I was worried about the army.  He accepted that fact and he let me cry a bit more before he left to go back with the others for the rest of the short night.

~Time SKIP~

I did not sleep well that night. My dreams were plagued with death and destruction. I had planned for this, but now it was time for them to put their training to the test.

When I sat up, dew fell from the tarp and hit my nose. Quietly, I left the tent, I didn't want to disturb anyone. It was still early, and dark, the sun had not started to rise yet.

I heard the others starting to stir so I walked across the foggy campsite to the remains of our fire and threw a few new logs on to strengthen the dying flame.

"Tord?" I turn around to see Tom. He stood there in his sweatpants and tee-shirt that stuck to his skin.  God he's hot....Snap out of it!  I slowly walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He puts his arms around me.

"Jeg elsker deg" I said.  We stood there for a while before the others woke up.

~Time Skip~

I announced to my small team that there is a small infected camp that I am going to take them to.

We were driven back to our main camp site by car, from there we took a helicopter into Norway. The air got really cold, as we arrived at the Red Army base. We were given weapons and prepared to go to the infected camp.

As we sat waiting for departure, Tom asked me.

"So who starts these zombie outbreaks?"

"An enemy.  I'm planning on taking you guys to help me take them down."

"So you're a vigilante."

"Yea I guess."

Silence filled the cabin.  Tom and I were still awkwardly staring at each other.  Edd was trying to figure out if it was tension or the sense of longing. Matt adjusted his hair using the window as a mirror.

I turned my attention to the men helping us depart. I tried to ignore the fact that Tom was staring at me with a smile plastered on his face.

~TIME SKIPPEROONIE~

When we finally landed, my men and I were set behind big iron gates.  I took a deep breath and looked at my friends, my soldiers, and myself.  As my stomach churned with regret, the gates opened and there was no turning back. A hoard of zombies ran at us. 

I looked at Tom, he hit a zombie in the head and shoved it into others.  One zombie in particular broke my heart.  She wore a pink night gown and carried a baby doll.  She was short so she must have been a child.  When she charged at Tom and grabbed his leg.  I pulled the trigger  BANG she dropped. She is only a zombie Tord. I told myself.  Come on!  Who is more important, the zombies or your soldiers?

My Soldiers

(Tom POV)

Tord helped me out and killed a zombie that almost bit me. 

"MATT!"  I heard Edd scream.  I whip my head around to see Edd running to our friend's side.

Matt was on the ground.  He was bleeding from a gash in his arm. I ran over and start covering for Edd and Matt.

"Did you get bitten?!?"  Edd put his hand on Matt's shoulder examining the wound.

"No, I guess some one missed their zombie target, and hit me by accident. It just skimmed me."

Phew, he'll be fine.  Edd relaxed a bit and tackle-hugged him.

"Please. don't. scare. me. again!" He said between kisses.

"Guys hate to break it to you but this isn't the place to be doing that."  I yelled over the sound of crackling fire and moaning zombies. 

~Time Skip~

After we got rid of all the zombies, about two soldiers had died in the fight.  Tord seemed very quiet since the night he broke down.  Maybe it was a pride thing, what ever it was it wasn't normal, I knew this.  As we were boarding the helicopter I pulled him aside to ask him a few questions.

(Ok guys! I will only refer to Patryk as 'Pat' and I won't use last names because of things that have happened)