Chapter 3

Jerome

*** One Year Later ***

Entering the code to the gate I waited patiently for the tall metal gate to slide to the right. When it finally opened I drove along the smooth narrow driveway that led to the white mansion that sat on the hill enclosed by high metal fences. You would think it was the white house. It looked large inside and out. It had to be the best decision they made. Eight master bedrooms all equipped with bathrooms, One pool, two jacuzzis, a tennis and a basketball court with a mini golf course and a fountain in the front, and Greek statues scattered around the yard. It was a beautiful house. That was supposed to be us.

The closer I got to the house I heard the gravels hit the bottom of my brand new 2015 BMW convertible.

"Shawn gone fuck up my car." I muttered as I parked next to his silver range rover, thank god he was home because I hate coming to his joint and he's always making me come over.

I got out the car grabbing my phone and closing the door. My freshly polished Calvin Kleins clicked along the gravel as I walked up to the door. I pressed the buzzer twice waiting for someone to answer the door. Pressing it again I waited and still no answer.

"Shawn I know your ass in there nigga open the door!" I shouted as I banged on the door.

The door swung opened and there she stood in only a towel that stopped not too far from her thighs and another towel wrapped around her head.

"Took your ass long enough to answer the damn door." I rolled my eyes as I walked passed her pushing her aside I went straight for the living room sitting on one of the lazy boys.

"Excuse me!"

"You're excused your sight is very disturbing right about now." I looked away from her.

"Jerome go fuck yourself!"

"Look Reginae I ain't in for your shit right now where is Bruno I hope you didn't have him around your rat all week."

"Candi is not a rat she is a Yorkie asshole get it right." She pulled the towel off her head letting loose her long faded blue hair that sat above her ass.

"Hood rat cut the chit chat where is my best friend?" I asked getting annoyed.

My life has been nothing but hell since she came back around. It's bad enough I had to deal with how I felt about her at first; emotionally and sexually. Not to mention when they got together it was if she was tormenting me with her body flaunting around our apartment naked. Okay, maybe naked was an overstatement but she would always wear revealing clothing that made my dick dance. I had to face being taunted by them being together; kissing in front me, sexing loud knowing damn well my room was next door and being happy together when it should have been me. That night we spent making love at the resort I will never forget.

But I guess I escaped what Shawn was going through right now. He told me how she was constantly after him for money, and when she's not getting what she wants she turns to social media and broadcast it or threaten to call her friends on him to beat his ass. She blackmailed him into buying the house and her two cars. She was just a crazy woman.    

"He's not here." She walked up the stairs.

"Where is he?" I asked puzzled.

"He's your best friend you should know!" She disappeared beyond the stairs.

What the hell, Shawn doesn't work on a Thursday. He's always home or hanging with me.

"Shit Nae stop playing!" I shouted hoping she heard me.

"He's at work, since last month when he got back from y'all Vegas trip he had a new case that he's working on every Thursday." She came back in a tank top and shorts and her wet curly hair let out. Fuck she looked so hot.

She gave me a questioning look. "You didn't know?"

"Uh...Yeah he's my best friend."

"Whatever!" she came back down the stairs.

"Brunoooo!" I shouted. The sudden pattering of feet answered my called. Soon I was greeted by Bruno and Candi. He ran over to me with his tail wagging wildly and his tongue out his mouth he lounged into my lap.

"Hey boy!' I rubbed his back.

Being out of town for a week made me feel like I have been a way for a year. Whenever I have a business trip I leave him with Shawn. Unfortunately, cupid struck Bruno with an arrow due to his strong love for Reginae.

Candi barked around my feet as she ran around in circles.

"You poor dog I know you want to escape but with her it's either death or stay."

"Your such an ass hole I can't stand you."  She sassed taking Candi off the ground.

"The feeling is mutual."

I watched as she walked into the kitchen I pulled out my phone and texted Shawn.

Bro you at the office?

                          -Nah, you know it's my day off

Where you at then?

                           -Who are you my bitch, she dont even question me like 

                            you do

Nigga where you at, last time I check you had my dog

                            -Oh shit I forgot, bro I'm not home tho, I'm doing some 

                             stuff, Nae is home.

Oh okay thanks

Something isn't right. Shawn doing some mischievous shit again. My phone rang out and I checked the caller ID and was irritated with in a second.

"Hey Mellissa, I'm really busy right now I'll call you back later." I didn't wait for her to reply I hung up. The last thing I need is her clingy ass tracking me down.

"Was that Shawn?" Nae caught me off guard making me jump.

"Uh, no why?"

"He isn't answering any of my calls. I just want to know if he wants me to make him lunch since he's so busy at work."

"Well I gotta go now, Bruno lets go son we leaving." I pointed to the door.

She walked us over to the door with Candi in her hand as she shook her head.

"That's my boy I'm so proud of him, proud father." I put on my ray bands. "Anyway Medusa I'm not sure how long I can stay in your disturbing sight so I'm gonna go.'

"Whatever your such a jerk!"

"Yeah, and you're an asshole!" I shouted back then she shut the door.

Damn I need to talk to Shawn and find out what's up. 

Will format later please excuse any errors

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Diamond.