Chapter 7

Reginae

"You look so beautiful Nae." My little sister Amber smiled as she combed through my hair.

I was the only child my mother had for my father before he died from drug abuse. After he lost his job and title as a Doctor everything went haywire. He started to take drugs. When he became angry he would often take it out on her. I wanted to help her but she would lock me in my room. My mother was a sweet woman, she believed in putting her husband first and she would often sit down and take the hits. I always wanted to know why she never fought back. I'd be damn if I sat and let Ray beat me and I don't fight back.

After he died she met Anthony at a flower show. They said it was love at first site. They continued talking and before we knew it they got married. A year after that mom had Amber-Lilly. I promised I would look after her and protect her when she was born. But I failed at my promise after I left for college.

When I got back in contact with her, she wasn't mad or upset with me. I was so surprised she didn't hate me. Without my sisterly guidance she managed to get a scholarship for college studying Cosmetology.

When I told her about this big party I had to attend she begged me to let her do my makeup and without hesitation I said yes.

I stared at myself in the vanity mirror that sat in my dressing room. Out of the eight rooms I turned a room into a dressing room; filled with my entire closet along with my make up sets. After all that I have been through I believed that I deserved it all.

"Thanks Lily." I smiled at her reflection in the mirror.

"Hey I got to go my ride is here, text me the details of the party!" She grabbed her bags rushing through the door.

The door slammed and soon I heard it opened then my best friend's loud voice echoed in the house.

"Alice where the heck are you? Cause I don't know why your ass had to buy a big house when you're mostly home by yourself!"

"Dressing room!" I yelled rolling my eyes.

"Might as well you get an elevator or escalator to come up here if the stairs so damn long." She exhaled heavy as she sat beside me.

"Damn my bitch is that you well damn! I need your sis to come hook me up too!" she smiled.

"Yas! I love this look. I think I'm going to make her do my make up for the wedding."

"Let's take a pic for the gram, wait let me go get your selfie stick." She ran out the room.

"Cia I gotta go in the next 10 minutes!" I hollered getting up off the stool. Walking over towards my dress, I removed it from the hanger pulling down the zip. Stepping into the red Gucci dress, I pushed my hands into the sleeves and I felt like the dress was becoming a part of me the more I pulled it up on me. I was aware of the deep cut in the back which should show some of my butterfly tattoos. The two splits from my thigh exposed my smooth freshly shaved legs. Putting the hanger back on the rack I walked over to the shelf where my shoes were neatly packed. Taking the nude pumps with ankle strap I walked back over the stool and put them on; they matched my nude colored nails. Grabbing up a perfume bottle off the table I sprayed it over my neck and behind my ear. When I put it back down I noticed it was on from my Sex in the City collection. Getting back up, I grabbed my nude clutch with sparkle from the shelf.

I walked over to my standing mirror and examined myself. "Damn..." I whispered as my free hand flew to cheek. My lips painted ruby red went well with my dress. My silver necklace and earrings glistens along with my clutch.

"Wow. That dress is everything."

Marcia came back in the room with her phone and her selfie stick in her hand.