Chapter 20

LAST CHAPTER 

Reginae

It was like everyone around me couldn't talk. I saw their mouths moving but I heard no sound. Ray knocked me harder than I expected. The lights in the ceiling flashed while four persons spoke over me. Where the hell was I?

Then one of them shined a bright light in my eyes. I felt paralyzed from my shoulders down to my toes. I was taken to a room where I was transferred to another bed. While someone cut my clothes off me another had my left arm in their hands pushing a needle in in my hand; soon I was in pain and a shock ran through my body.

"Shit!" I screamed grabbing my head. "Fuck!" I was tempted to rip my hair out.

"That's my girlfriend! She's in pain." I saw him fighting them to come in the room.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't come beyond this door." A person dressed as a doctor said as some security guards pulled him out the room.

"It's okay Ms. Taylor, the drug is wearing off and that is why you are feeling pain." A lady smiled at me.

"Where am I ?"

"You're at Broward Hospital." She smiled helping into a gown. "I'm your nurse Sharon."

"My boyfriend." I sat up in the bed. "Can he come in?"

"Not yet, the doctor has to run some test on you first."

"Could you please explain it to him?"

"Yes ma'am." She walked out the room.

I hope the police locked up Ray because I felt so scared now; he's got worse than he was before and I was in serious danger. Never am I going by the house alone again.

"If someone told me the girl I just saw on the television would be in my emergency room I would tell'em they a liar!" The man who flashed the light in my eyes said walking in the room and closing the door behind him.

"Hello Reginae, I'm Dr. Martin, and no I didn't make the shoes." He gave me a straight face making me giggle.

"Hi Dr. Martin." I managed to smile from all the pain I was feeling.

"Ahh, there is the smile I saw on the television." He said as he placed his clipboard under his arm. "You were great by the way."

"Thank you!"

"Not every day a woman gets up and tell the world all that she has been through, you were strong for that."

"That is true." I agreed.

"Okay, so let's see what going on here." He rested the clipboard on the counter before walking over to me.

Again he took out the flash light and check my eyes again and then my nose.