Chapter 1

•1983•

    The world is full of things. Some fun. Some not. Emery considered being homeless one of the not.
Especially when your a mutant.
A powerful one at that.
Emery had telekinesis. Not the dumb kind where you can take a book off a shelf with your mind. But a powerful one.
One where she could rearrange the earth if she wanted to. Or even move a continent.
These thoughts ran through Emery's mind as she walked to the grocery store. She had taken money from a mans wallet to get food. On her many years in New York, she had learned the art of pickpocketing.
As she pulled on the glass door of a gas station, the door ripped off of its hinges. Having telekinesis also increases her strength, as it strengthens her muscle.
"Sh- oh my bad. Sorry sorry." She apologized to the worker standing by the door.
"Here." She leaned the door on the wall. "I can't pay you back."
With that, Emery left the only grocery store in the downtown area.
"I need to get this shit under control." She thought aloud.
She chuckled to herself, "When have I ever had my shit together?"
She rolled her eyes at her own thoughts and made her way back to her home- well, alley.
She layers down on an old dog bed and pulled a moth-eaten blanket over her back.
No dinner tonight.

I know. I know. It's short. But just wait. Just wait. The chapters will get longer, but I'm sick, and tired and I just wanted to get this done. Until next time!

-Pineapple