Freedom

It was day 2 of our trip, and he still kept on following me.

"I really like the beach," he said as he casually walked barefoot beside me on the shore.

"Then visit often," I suggested.

"I can't," he said. "It's my first time going to the beach as well."

"Why can't you? And how could you love it when it's your first time going here?"

"I just can't," he shrugged. "The energy I get from other people isn't enough for me to go to places. It's enough for a week to go back and forth school. I've also heard stories of what's a beach like, and that's how I came to love it." He looked at me as we walked, "do you really need to see something to love it?"

"Of course," I looked away, blushing when I heard him say the word 'love'. "How would you be able to know if it's true or not?"

"Hey,"

When I turned to see him, he had yet again closed in the distance between us. Reflexively, I pushed him away. "Stop doing that!"

"Why are you so angry at me?" He chuckled, "I was just kidding."

"Then stop it, Tristan!" I couldn't hold the irritation I felt with what he was doing. "Look, you can find someone else whom you can get your energy from. Stop pestering me!"

"Easy there," his eyes were serious. "We wouldn't want them to find out what I am."

"I don't care! I want you to stay away from me." I breathe in deeply, "you're just going to use me."

I walked away from where we stood and went up to my room. Just one more night and I'm out of here.

"Ylva?" I heard Angela knock on my door a few minutes after I slumped myself on the bed. "I'll come in," she continued.

"I'm sleepy."

"Did something happen?" She sincerely asked.

"No, don't worry." I sat up and smiled at her. "I'm just really sleepy."

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that we'll go swimming. Come join us if you want."

"I will. Thank you," I smiled again.

Giving me a sweet smile, she then left my room. I looked out the window of my room and saw Tristan sitting there, piling up sand. Erick then gestured for him to come swim with them and to my surprise, he stood up and removed his top.

"If I put a lot of effort on something, let's say sports, it'll have a big take on the energy I received." I remembered him say. Wouldn't that take a big chuck out of the energy he took from me? That'll be fine, he could go and take Angela's energy or something, even Erick's. I laughed at the thought.

The night went by with Tristan and I being distant with each other. The morning after, we were packing up as we got ourselves ready to leave the wonderful place.

"Tristan will be staying here for a while," I heard Erick say to Angel in front of my opened door.

"Why?" Angela asked.

"Dunno," Erick shrugged. "Said he'll learn how to surf."

I guess you found a stronger source of energy this time, huh?

As we were about to leave, the others said their goodbyes to Tristan. I just sat there and pretended to be asleep. When the car started moving, I looked out the window and found Tristan playing with a flower, then placing it near his nose. To my surprise, he looked up at me with piercing eyes that were now different in form.